Financial Feasibility of Neighborhood-Level Relocation from Landslide Danger Zone
Noriyasu Kachi† and Kenichi Tsukahara
Disaster Risk Reduction Research Center, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University
744 Motooka, Nischi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism: Landslide Disaster Countermeasures Discussion Group, “Proclamation on landslide counter-measures taken from the medium to long-term perspec-tive,” March 2008.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “White Paper on National Land and Transport for 2007,” 2009.
-  Y. Hayashi, Y. Suzuki, S. Sato, and K. Tsukahara, “Disaster Resilient Cities: Concepts and Practical Examples,” 206pp., Butterworth-Heinemann, 2016.
-  T. Yagi, “Preventing landslides and land use restrictions,” National Diet Library, Reference, Vol.57, No.7, No.678, pp. 21-38, 2007.
-  T. Mizuyama, “Present state of and challenges to land use restrictions as landslide prevention measures – Land use restriction under the Landslide Prevention Act,” J. of the Japan Society for Natu-ral Disaster Science, Vol.25, No.2, pp. 139-142, 2006.
-  H. Chen, Y. Liu, N. Maki, H. Hayashi, and M. Sawada, “Disaster Recovery Collective Relocation and Life Recovery Issues, Fundamental Analysis of Permanent Houses Sites of Typhoon Morakot, Taiwan,” Papers on Urban Planning, Vol.47, No.3, pp. 919-924, 2012.
-  K. Chihara, K. Tsukahara, and N. Kachi, “Study on financial feasibility of relocation for disaster adaptation in landslide prone regions,” Proceeings of the Forty seventh Conf. on Infrastructure Planning and Management, 2013.
-  K. Fukutome, “Relocation Factors of Settlements due to Disasters – In case of the 2004 Mid-Niigata Prefecture Earthquake –,” J. of the City Planning Institute of Japan, Vol.47, No.3, 2012.
-  Y. Akiyama, H. Sengoku, and R. Shibasaki, “Estab-lishing a micro-spatial data infrastructure to evaluate national land scale disaster risk/regional disaster response capability for large-scale earthquakes,” Proc. of the Forty-seventh Conf. on Infrastructure Planning and Management, 2013.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “Technical guideline concerning cost-benefits analysis of public works project evaluation,” June 2009.
-  Y. Ozeki, T. Togawa, Y. Suzuki, H. Kato, and Y. Hayashi, “Development of methods of predicting infra-structure maintenance and renewal costs on the metro-politan region scale,” Collected Papers on Civil Engineer-ing Research, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 305-312, 2010.
-  Faine Collaborate Research Institute Co. Ltd., “Pub-lic facility etc.,” Renewal cost trial calculation software specifications, 2014.
-  Ministry of the Environment, “Domestic wastewater treatment facility improvement plan enactment manual,” 2002.
-  Japan Sewage Works Association, “Sewage Works Statistics,” 2009.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tour-ism, River Bureau, “Flood control economic survey manual (Draft),” 2005.
-  T. Shinozaki, K. Fukuda, H. Oishi, S. Sugihara, and K. Furukawa, “Probabilistic evaluations of landslide occurrence risk standard lines using logistic regression analysis,” Collected Papers of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers, F, Vol.66, No.1, pp. 122-131, 2010.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Water and Disaster Management Bureau, River Planning Bureau, “Flood Statistics, 1999–2009.”
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tour-ism, “State of occurrence of landslide in recent years by prefecture.”
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tour-ism, “Declaration Rules for granting subsidies to fund relocation for disaster adaptation promotion projects,” 2005.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “Outline of disaster restoration projects (subsidies).”
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “Committee to study efforts undertaken under the Landslide Prevention Act: State of principal countermeasures based on the Landslide Prevention Act,” January 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.