Long-Term Geomorphic Changes in the Coastal Profile of Lingding Bay in the Pearl River Estuary and the Response to Tides Since 1906
Qing Zhou*,**, Qinghua Gong*,**,†, Zhongyu Sun*,**, and Xulong Liu*,**
*Guangdong Open Laboratory of Geospatial Information Technology and Application
Xianlie Middle Road 100, Yuexiu District Guangzhou, Guangdong, P.R. China
**Guangzhou Institute of Geography, Guangzhou, China
-  L. Xianlin, Y. Qingshu, J. Liangwen et al., “The river bed evolution ofthe Pearl River Delta,” Sun Yat-Sen university press, 2002.
-  Z. Junxiang, H. Chongfu, and L. Xulong, “Geographical distribution and Risk Assessment of Typhoon Storm Surge Disasters in Coastal Regions of Guangdong Province in 1949-2005,” J. of Basic science and engineering, Vol.3, pp. 393-402, 2008.
-  W. Shugong, L. Xia, L. Kai, and Z. Yongzhang, “Dynamic analysis of the Wetland Resource Changes in the Estuary of the Pearl River Delta Using Remote Sensing,” J. of Sun Yat-Sen University (Natural science edition), Vol.46, No.2, pp. 105-109, 2007.
-  C. Shuisen, L. Xia, Z. Chunyang, and Z. Gongwu, “An analysis of the changes and evolvements on the foreshore and deep channels of LingDing Bay in pearl river estuary in past twenty years,” Marine Sciences, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 52-54, 2001.
-  C. Shuisen, Z. Chunyang, and L. Xia, “An analysis of the changes and evolvements on the foreshore and deep channels of LingDing Bay in pearl river estuary,” Remote Sensing for land and resources, Vol.2, pp. 25-27, 42, 2001.
-  Z. Huanting, “Bottom relief of Lingding Yang of the ZhuJiang river estuary,” Acta Oceanological Sinca, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 255-274, 1981.
-  Y. Caihua and W. Ziyin, “Shoreline migration and scour and silting alternation in the LingDing yang estuary over past 30 years,” J. of marine sciences, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 44-55, 2012.
-  L. Bin, L. Haibin, and W. Chaoyu, “The evolution simulation and dynamic geomorphic process analysis of Modao-men Estuary from the 1960s to the 1970s’,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 75-80, 2014 (in Chinese).
-  J. Peihong, X. Zhen, Z. Dakui et al. “Dynamic Analyses of Coastal Land Use Structure in the Inner Lingdingyang Frith of the Pearl River Estuary,” Marine Science Bulletin, Vol.26, No.3, pp. 66-71, 2007.
-  W. Chaoyu, B. Yun, R. Jie et al., “A numerical simulation and mopho-dynamic analysis on the evolution of the Zhujiang River Delta in China: 6000-2500aBP,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 64-80, 2006 (in Chinese).
-  L, Peiran, W, Ping, Z, Zhuofu et al., “Analysis of influencing factor on shoal and though development of Lingdingyang Bay at Zhujiang Estuary,” J. of Oceanography in Taiwan Strait, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 119-124, 2000.
-  L. Huan, W. Jiaxue, and W. Yaju, “Topography induced dynamic structure in the Pearl River Esturay: a case study in the Yamen outlet,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Vol.35, No.5, pp. 29-36, 2013 (in Chinese).
-  Z. Huanting, “The formation and development of the Pearl River Delta,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 595-607, 1982 (in Chinese).
-  W. Ping, L. Peiran, L. Yaping et al., “Analysis of The Tendency of Erosion and Sedimentation on Foreshore and Channels of Lingding Estuary in Past Fifty Years,” J. of Sun Yat-Sen University (Natural science edition), Vol.42, No.S2, pp. 240-243, 2003.
-  W. Wenjie, “The problem of LingDingYang silting evolution recently,” Tropical Geography, No.2, pp. 43-48, 1982.
-  W. Jianmei, “Tidal numerical simulation of LingDingYang in Pearl River Estuary,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 26-34, 1992 (in Chinese).
-  H. Deli, Y. Qingshu, W. Chaoyu et al., “Changing water and sediment dynamics in the Pearl River network and consequences on water and sediment regimes in the Lingdingyang estuary,” Advances in water science, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 69-76, 2010.
-  L. Mengguo, S. Zhong, and Q. Chongren, “Three-dimensional suspended sediment movement simulation of the Ligdingyang Bay,” ShuiLiXueBao, Vol.4, pp. 51-57, 2003.
-  P. Tao, C. Xiaohong, and L. Xia, “Flood Response to Changes of Flood Disaster Formative Environment in the Pearl River Delta,” J. of China Hydrology, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 57-60, 2008.
-  L. Junyong, L. Fengbiao, L. Zhuangtian et al., “The reasons analysis on the tidal fluctuation in recent years in LingDingYang estuary,” Pearl River, Vol.6, pp. 14-18, 2012.
-  L. Zhishan, L. Pingri, H. Guangqing et al., “Comparative Analysis between the 2011 Bangkok Flood and Those in Guangzhou,” Tropical Geography, Vol.32, No.5, pp. 508-514, 2012.
-  Z. Wei, “The reasons of waterlogging and prevention countermeasures in Guangzhou city,” Guangdong Meteorology, Vol.33, No.3, pp. 49-50, 53, 2011.
-  X. Jinyong, Z. Zengxiang, Z. Xiaoli et al., “Spatial-temporal analysis of coastline changesin northern China from 2000 to 2012,” Acta Geographica Sinica, Vol.68, No.5, pp. 651-660, 2013.
-  Z. Shixia, W. Ziwen, and W. S. Nan, “Landscape ecological mechanism study on impact of coastal reclamation on function of disaster prevention: illustrated with HangZhou Bay and Qiantang estuary,” J. of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science), Vol.46, No.7, pp. 1281-1288, 2012.
-  Guangzhou Institute of Geography, Lingding Bay hydrological characteristics, 1982.
-  F. Shenguang, C. Wenlong, and C. Liqin, “Analysis on evolvement of tidal prism of Lingdingyang Bay,” Marine Environmental Science, Vol.31, No.1, pp. 76-78, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.