Collaborative, Science-Based, Public Disaster Communication – The NHK Media Technology 3D Documentary Movie on Japan’s 2011 Tsunami Event
Natsuko Chubachi, Michihiro Chikata, Kiyoshi Ito, and Fumihiko Imamura
International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
468-1 Aza-Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
-  M. Tanaka, “Kagaku gijutsu wo meguru comyunikeeshon no isou to giron (Phases and discussions of cummunication regarding science technology),” in Posuto 3.11 no kagaku to seiji (Post-3.11 science and politics), Nakanishiya, pp. 123-175, 2013.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, “Kagaku gijutsu hakusho (White paper on sicence and technology),” Fiscal Year 2012, http://www.mext.go.jp/b_menu/hakusho/html/hpaa201201/detail/1322246.htm [accessed January 31, 2016]
-  Science Council of Japan, “Kagakusha kara shakaihe no jouhouhasshin no arikata ni tsuite (Reviewing information transmission from scientists to society),” January 2014, http://www.scj.go.jp/ja/info/kohyo/pdf/kohyo-22-h140204.pdf [accessed August 30, 2015]
-  N. Shuto, C. Goto, and F. Imamura, “Numerical simulation as a means of warning for near-field tsunami,” Coastal Eng. in Japan, Vol.33 No.2, pp.173-193, 1990.
-  F. Imamura and C. Goto, “Truncation error in numerical tsunami simulation by the finite difference method,” Coastal Eng. in Japan, Vol.31 No.2, pp. 245-263, 1988.
-  N. Shuto, T. Miyamura, K. Mushiake, S. Sasamoto, Y. Kawata, and Y. Igarashi, “Saigai tahatsu chitai no ‘saigai bunka’ ni kansuru kenkyu (Research on ‘disaster culture’ in disaster-prone area),” Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Reseach, Fiscal Year 1990, https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/d/p/02201107/1990/3/ja.ja.html [accessed August 28, 2015]
-  F. Imamura and T. Hiraishi, “Study on recognition of natural hazards and application to the virtual reality system,” Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research, Fiscal Years from 1998 to 2001, https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/d/p/10680444.en.html [accessed August 28, 2015]
-  K. Minoura, F. Imamura, D. Sugawara, Y. Kono, and T. Iwasaki, “The 869 Jogan tsunami deposit and recurrence interval of large-scale tsunami on the Pacific coast of northeast Japan,” J. Natural Disaster Science, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 83-88, 2002.
-  K. Minoura, “Tsunami saigai ha kurikaesu (Tsunami disasters repeat),” Manabi no mori No.16, June 2001.
-  K. Kitahara, “Kagaku Komyunikeeshon ha naze hitsuyouka: Gakujutu no koukyousei to aratana tenkai no tameni (Why is science communication necessary: for public need and new development of the acacemia),” http://www.jst.go.jp/csc/research/kitahara/ [accessed February 29, 2016]
-  H. Yokoyama, “Kagaku komyunikeeshon to ‘daisan no nami’ (Science communication and ‘The Theird Wave’), Bunshiken Letters 64, September 2011.
-  NHK-MT, “3D The Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami,” http://www.nhk-mt.co.jp/shinsai3d/ [accessed August 25, 2015]
-  M. Chikata, “3D dokyumentarii eiga ‘Otsunami 3.11 Mirai heno Kioku’ no koto (Regarding ‘The Great Tsunami in Japan: Reflecting on the 2011 Disaster’,” Eiga Televi Gijutsu, pp. 26-28, April 2015.
-  Video Tsushin, “NHK Media Technology chohen 3D dokyumentarii eiga ‘Otsunami 3.11 Mirai heno Kioku’ (NHK Media Technology full-length 3D documentary movie ‘The Great Tsunami in Japan: Reflecting on the 2011 Disaster’),” Video Tsushin No.3862, March 5, 2015.
-  M. Itoh, “Necessary Factors for Practical Science-Communication Design to Increase Benefits of Participating Scientists,” 39th Intelligent System Symposium, pp. 77-80, 2012, http://researchmapjp/?action=cv_download_main&upload_id=30784 [accessed August 30, 2015]
-  United Nations, “Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030,” March 18, 2015, http://www.preventionweb.net/files/resolutions/N1516716.pdf [accessed August 25, 2015]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.