Support for Farmland Restoration Through Mutual Assistance After Flood Disasters in Hilly and Mountainous Areas – Cases of the Cities of Yame and Ukiha Affected by the Torrential Rainfall in Northern Kyushu in July 2012 –
Kazuo Asahiro, Masakazu Tani, and Hiroyuki Kanekiyo
Department of Environment Design, Faculty of Design, Kyushu University
4-9-1 Shiobaru, Minamiku, Fukuoka 815-8540, Japan
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, Commitiee of making society of mutual aid, “Kyoujyo Syakai Dukuri ni Mukete,” May 27, 2013.
-  R. Ito, et al., “Disaster Volunteer Activities for Supporting Rural Areas in Mie Prefecture,” J. Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage and Rural Engineering, Vol.77, No.11, pp. 881-884, 2009.
-  K. Asahiro, et al., “Research into the distribution of damage to farmland in Yame City, Fukuoka Prefecture, from the heavy rains in the northern part of Kyushu in 2012, and difficulties for the recovery,” J. Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol.77, No.5, pp. 649-654, 2014.
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, News Releases, “The naming of torrential rain that occoured in northern Kyushu from July 11 to 14,” July 15, 2012.
-  Fukuoka Regional Headquarters of Japan Meteorological Agency, “Disaster weather urgent news in northern Kyushu in Jul, 2012,” p. 3, 2012.
-  “Ukiha official Record of torrential rain disaster in northern Kyushu in July, 2012,” the general affairs section of city of Ukiha, p. 3, 80, 2014.
-  The promotion conference on agriculture restoration in Yame from torrential rainfall in northern Kyushu consisits from City of Yame, an agricultural cooperative of Fukuoka, Fukuoka prefecture Chikugo office of agriculture and forestry diffusion center, and the comittiee of agriculture of Yame. It was established at the general meeting in October 15, 2012 for early agriculture restoration and vigourous rural community revitalization affected immence damage.
-  The dialogues on agricultural volunteers was held with concern party, such as Sansonjyuku, Disaster volunteer center in Hoshino, city of Yame, the committiee of agriculture of Yame, an agricultural cooperative Fukuoka Yame Kurogi district center, etc, in Kurogi bureau of Yame.
-  Disaster volunteer center in Hoshino which established in November, 2012 was incorporated as NPO Ganbariyoruyo Hoshino Village in Feburary, 2014, and this paper use this latter name since their activities have been carring out continuously in September, 2014 when this paper written.
-  This data reffered from the list of the classification of agricultural lands of the report, agriculture census 2005, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
-  Sansonjuku, Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/sansonjuku, established November 24, 2011 [accessed August 24, 2014]
-  NPO Ganbariyoruyo Hoshino Village, Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/hoshinosien, established August 3, 2012 [accessed August 30, 2014]
-  The restoration project for mountain villages Ukiha, Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/, the search keyword is “うきは市山村復興プロジェクト” established Novemnber 25, 2012 [accessed August 30, 2014]
-  The society for earthquake disaster reconstruction in Niigata, eds., The guidebook countermeasure for earthquake disaster of agriculture and farming village, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.