Developing Manga-Style Tsunami Information Materials Based on the March 11, 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake
Ma. Mylene Martinez-Villegas, Lucille Rose Del Monte,
Renato U. Solidum, Jr., John Paul Fallarme,
Monique Realis, Melcario Pagtalunan, and Eumelia Belo
Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology – Department of Science and Technology (PHIVOLCS–DOST), PHIVOLCS Bldg., C. P. Garcia Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
-  M. L. P. Bautista, B. C. Bautista, J. C. Salcedo, and I. C. Narag, “Philippine Tsunamis and Seiches (1589-2012),” Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, 110pp., 2012.
-  V. L. Badillo and T. C. Astilla, “Moro Gulf Tsunami of August 17, 1976, Special Committee on Tsunami Warning System,” National Committee on Marine Sciences, National Science Development Board, Philippines, 35pp., 1978.
-  PHIVOLCS, “The 15 November 1994 Mindoro Earthquake,” Quick Response Team Report, 1995.
-  M. Ando, M. Ishida, Y. Hayashi, C. Mizuki, Y, Nishikawa, and Y. Tu, “Interviewing insigths regarding the fatalities inflicted by the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake,” Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci, Vol.13, pp. 2173-2187, 2013.
-  M. L. Martinez-Villegas, R. U. Solidum, H. Inoue, H. Imai, A. Lanuza, H Penarubia, M. Pagtalunan, M. L. P. Melosantos, J. Salcedo, I. Narag, M. Lasala, M. A. V. Bornas, P. Delos Reyes, and B. Bautista, “Filipinos in Japan: Narratives of Experience from the March 11, 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.10, No.1, 2015 (this issue).
-  C. L. Paul, S. Redman, and R. W. Sanson-Fisher, “Print material content and design: is it relevant to effectiveness?” Health Education Research Theory and Practice, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 181-190.
-  R. Kimura and Y. Hayashi, “Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University Behavioral and Psychological Pattern of Victims in the 1945 Mikawa Earthquake – Focused on Disorientation Phase: around 100 Hours after Earthquake Occurred –,” The Society of Historical Earthquake Studies, Vol.22, pp. 127-143, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kimura and H. Hayashi, “Development of Education Programs and Materials for DisasterMitigation andPreparedness using Victims’ Experiences of Local Historical Disaster,” Institute of Social Safety Science, Vol.11, pp. 215-224, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  J. Nakazawa, “Development of Manga (Comic Book) Literacy in Children,” Applied Development Psychology: Theory, Practice, and Research from Japan, pp. 23-42, 2005.
-  H. Ihara, “Manga: a tool for better thinking, Education in Japan Community,”
https://educationinjapan.wordpress.com/resourceroom/manga-an-educational-tool/ [accessed December 1, 2014]
-  M. L. Martinez-Villegas, R. U. Solidum, Jr., C. Q. Villanueva, L. R. Del Monte, I. C. Narag, M. L. Bautista, and B. C. Bautista, “Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Preparedness Information, Education and Communication Strategy: The Philippine Experience,” Proc., Int. Conf. on TsunamiWarning (ICTW), Bali, Indonesia, 2008.
-  N. Kasami, “The Effectiveness Evaluation of Manga-based Teaching Materials for Network Literacy,” Proc. of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education, pp. 1130-1135, 2010,
retrieved 2014 from http://www.editib.org/p/33507/ [accessed December 2, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.