Current Status and Issues of Life Recovery Process Three Years After the Great East Japan Earthquake Questionnaire Based on Subjective Estimate of Victims Using Life Recovery Calendar Method
Reo Kimura*, Kota Tomoyasu*, Yutaka Yajima**,
Hitomi Mashima**, Kensaku Furukawa**, Yuki Toda**,
Kazuaki Watanabe**, and Takeo Kawahara**
*Graduate School of Human Science and Environment, University of Hyogo, 1-1-12 Shinzaike-honcho, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0092, Japan
**News Department, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation), 2-2-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8001, Japan
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, Japan, “The 2011 Earthquake Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku (the Great East Japan Earthquake),” Vol.149, March 7, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Reconstruction Agency, “The Number of Disaster-related Deaths in the Great East Japan Earthquake (as of September 30, 2013),” December 24, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of the Environment, “The Progress of DisasterWasteManagement, Three Coastal Municipalities (except evacuation zones),” 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of the Environment, “Decontamination Situation as of the End of February, 2014 in Decontamination Zones of Municipalities in Fukushima Prefecture,” 2014 (in Japanese),
http://josen.env.go.jp/zone/details/fukushima_progress.html [accessed April 1, 2014]
-  Reconstruction Agency, “Current Situation of Reconstruction (as of March 10, 2014),” 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Fire and Disaster Management Agency, Japan, “The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake (Final Report),” May 19, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “Stability Security of Rental Housing Residents at Disaster (Document distributed at The Fourth Meeting of Subcommittee of Disaster-related Land and Building Leases and Sectional Ownership of Building,” Legislative Council of the Ministry of Justice (held on November 12, 2012), 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Hyogo Prefecture, “Recovery and Reconstruction Situation of The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” 2014 (in Japanese).
-  S. Tatsuki, “Long-term Life Recovery Processes Among Survivors of the 1995 Kobe Earthquake: 1999, 2001, 2003, and 2005 Life Recovery Social Survey Results,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 484-501, Dec. 2007.
-  K. Tamura, “Defining Recovery: 7-Element Model,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 475-483, Dec. 2007.
-  H. Hayashi, “Long-term Recovery from Recent Disasters in Japan and the United States,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 413-418, Dec. 2007.
-  R. Kimura, H. Hayashi, K. Tamura, S. Tatsuki, T. Noda, K. Yamori, A. Kuromiya, and Y. Urtata, “Developing Victims’ Life Reconstruction Indicators by Social Survey – Ten Years Monitoring in the Great Hanshin-Awaji(Kobe) Earthquake Disaster –,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.8, pp. 415-424, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kimura, K. Tamura, and H. Hayashi, “Development of the Method of Clarifying the Life Reconstruction Process Based on the Random Sampled Social Surveys of the Victims – Recovery and Reconstruction Calendar –,” Proceedings of the International Emergency Management Society (TIEMS) 17th Annual Conference, pp. 168-178, 2010.
-  R. Kimura, “Psychology in Disaster and Society, Encyclopedia of Disaster in Japanese History,” pp. 72-77, Yoshikawa-Kobunkan, 2012.
-  R. Kimura, Y. Yajima, Y. Matsui, and R. Suzuki, “Conditions of the Disaster Victims of Two-Year after the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake – How do the Disaster Victims Feel in the Process of Life Reconstruction,” Journal of Disaster Information Studies, No.12, pp. 114-123, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kimura, H. Hayashi, S. Tatsuki, and K. Tamura, “Psychologically Defined Life Reconstruction Processes of Disaster Victims in the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.6, pp. 241-250, Nov. 2004 (in Japanese).
-  R. Kimura, “Recovery and Reconstruction Calendar,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 465-474, Dec. 2007.
-  R. Kimura and S. Ohtomo, “Life Reconstruction Processes of Flood Disaster Victims in Semimountainous Area – A Case Study of Kii Peninsula Flood Disaster (the Typhoon No.12 in 2011) in Japan –,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.21, pp. 137-147, Nov. 2013 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.