Post-Disaster Urban Recovery Monitoring in Pisco After the 2007 Peru Earthquake Using Satellite Image
Tomoyo Hoshi*1, Osamu Murao*2, Kunihiko Yoshino*3,
Fumio Yamazaki*4, and Miguel Estrada*5
*1Shimizu Corporation, Japan
*2International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University, 468-1 Aramaki-aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-0845, Japan
*3Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba, Japan
*4Department of Urban Environment Systems, Chiba University, Japan
*5Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering Research and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), National University of Engineering, Peru
-  O. Murao and H. Nakazato, “Recovery curves for housing reconstruction in Sri Lanka after the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami,” Journal of Earthquake and Tsunami, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 51-60, 2010.
-  O. Murao, K. Sugiyasu, and H. Nakazato, “Study on Recovery Curves for Housing Reconstruction in Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Indonesia after the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami,” Proc. of the 10th Int. Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia (USB), 8p., Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2011.
-  M. Koarai, H. Sato, H. Une, and K. Amano, “Interpretation of geological hazard using high-resolution optical satellite imagery: Comparison of interpretation characteristics of satellite images,” Journal of the Geological Society of Japan, Vol.114, No.12, pp. 632-647, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Matsuzaki, F. Yamazaki, M. Estrada, and C. Zavala, “Visual Damage Interpretation of Buildings Using QuickBird Images Following the 2007 Peru Earthquake,” the 3rd Asia Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, 8p, 2010.
-  Y. Nakaoka and K. Nakao, “The Investigation of the Damage Situation and the Revival Situation of the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake disaster by the Analysis of the Satellite Remotely Sensed Image,” Research Memoirs of the Kobe Technical College, Vol.37, pp. 81-86, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  M. Higashida, N. Maki, and H. Hayashi, “Development of Recovery Process Observation System Using CCD Camera after a Disaster,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.3, pp. 95-100, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Instituto Nacional de Defensa Civil (INDECI), Censo INEI en las Zonas Afectadas por el Sismo del 15 Ago 07,
http://www.inei.gob.pe [accessed July 3, 2012]
-  Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), “Learning from Earthquakes The Pisco, Peru, Earthquake of August 15, 2007,” EERI Special Earthquake Report – October 2007, pp. 1-12,
https://www.eeri.org/lfe/pdf/peru_pisco_eeri_preliminary_reconnai_ssance.pdf [accessed July 6, 2012]
-  2007 Pisco, Peru Earthquake Reconnaissance Team by Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE), Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering (JAEE) and University of Tokyo with the Collaboration of CISMID, National University Engineering, “A Reconnaissance Report on the Pisco, Peru Earthquake of August 15, 2007,” pp. 1-109,
http://shake.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/Peru2007/JSCE_JAEE_Report/ [accessed July 11, 2012]
-  O. Murao, T. Hoshi, M. Estrada, K. Sugiyasu, M. Matsuoka, and F. Yamazaki, “Urban Recovery Process in Pisco after the 2007 Peru Earthquake,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 356-364, 2013.
-  Ministro de Vivienda, Construcción y Saneamiento, Peru, “Presentación del Ministro de Vivienda, Construcción y Saneamiento,”
http://www.vivienda.gob.pe/popup/Documentos_presentaciones/10_05092011_presentacion_comision_de_vivienda.pdf, 2011 [accessed Oct. 31, 2012]
-  Resumen Ejecutivo Desarrollo Urbano de la Ciudad de Pisco, 2008.
-  Municipalidad Provincial de Pisco,
http://www.munipisco.gob.pe/p_web/index.php [accessed Dec. 5, 2013]
-  Y. Murakami and S. Yamashita, “The Evaluation of Resolution Accuracy and Application for Remote Sensing Technique to Identify Slope Failure Distribution Using GIS,” Advances in River Engineering, Vol.11, pp. 151-156, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  REDD Research and Development Center, “Grasp Method of Forest Area Using Remote Sensing,” REDD + Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation-plus, 2012 (in Japanese),
http://www.ffpri.affrc.go.jp/redd-rdc/ja/reference/03/201212 applied2 chap03.pdf [accessed Dec. 6, 2013]
-  S. Koshimura, S. Kayaba, and H. Gokon, “Object-based Image Analysis of Post-tsunami High-resolution Satellite Images for Mapping the Impact of Tsunami Disaster,” IGARSS 2011, pp. 1993-1996, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.