Development of Damage Functions on Road Infrastructures Subjected to Extreme Ground Excitations by Analyzing Damage in the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake
Gaku Shoji* and Tomoharu Nakamura**
*Division of Engineering Mechanics and Energy, Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
**Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  J. Onishi, F. Yamazaki, S. Tayama, and N. Fukuda, “Relationship between Earthquake Damage and Intensity of Earthquake Vibration of Expressway,” Proceedings of the JSCE Earthquake Engineering Symposium, Vol.24, pp. 1289-1292, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  F. Yamazaki, J. Onishi, S. Tayama, and T. Takano, “Development of Fragility Curves for Expressway Structures in Japan,” Proceedings of the Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, Vol.10, pp. 3491-3496, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yamamura, A. Mikami, O. Tsujihara, and T. Sawada, “A Proposal of the Method for Producing Seismic Fragility Function of Highway Bridges,” Proceedings of the JSCE Earthquake Engineering Symposium, Vol.29, pp. 674-679, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Maruyama, F. Yamazaki, K. Mizuno, Y. Tsuchiya, and H. Yogai, “Fragility Curve for Expressway Embankments based on Damage Datasets after Recent Earthquakes in Japan,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 1158-1167, 2010.
-  G. Shoji, K. Takahashi, T. Nakamura, and T. Sakurai, “Damage Assessment on Road Structures due to the Ground Excitation in the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Journal of Structural Engineering & Earthquake Engineering (A1), JSCE, Vol.68, No.4, pp. I 1186-I 1193, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, “Inundation Areas Map,” 2011,
http://www.gsi.go.jp/kikaku/kikaku60003.html [accessed December 12, 2011]
-  National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED), “K-NET and KiK-net,” 2011,
http://www.kyoshin.bosai.go.jp/ [accessed December 12, 2011]
-  Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), “Observatory Stations for the Tohoku Earthquake,” 2011 (in Japanese), http://www.seisvol.kishou.go.jp/eq/kyoshin/jishin/110311 tohokuchiho-taiheiyouoki/index.html [accessed December 12, 2011]
-  National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management (NILIM), 2011, (in Japanese),
http://www.nilim.go.jp/japanese/database/nwdb/html/newearthquake.htm [accessed December 12, 2011]
-  H. Si and S. Midorikawa, “New Attenuation Relationships for Peak Ground Acceleration and Velocity Considering Effects of Fault Type and Site Condition,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering (Transactions of AIJ), No.523, pp. 63-70, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  I. Suetomi, E. Ishida, and R. Isoyama, “A Procedure for Highaccuracy Map of Peak Motion Using Observed Records,” Proceedings of 28th JSCE Earthquake Engineering Symposium, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), “QuakeMap,” 2011,
http://qq.ghz.geogrid.org/QuakeMap/ [accessed December 12, 2011]
-  T. Sakurai, G. Shoji, K. Takahashi, and T. Nakamura, “Damage Assessment on Road Structures due to Slope Failures in the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Proceedings of the International Symposium on Engineering Lessons Learned from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake, March 1-4, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 961-972, 2012.
-  I. Suetomi and Y. Fukushima, “Evaluation of Spatial Distribution of Ground Motion in the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” The 66th Annual Meeting Proceedings (CD-ROM), JSCE, I-475, pp. 949-950, 2011 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.