Impacts of Mid-Rainy Season Rainfall on Runoff into the Chao Phraya River, Thailand
Shunji Kotsuki* and Kenji Tanaka**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Nishikyo Ward, Kyoto 615-8530, Japan
**Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
-  The World Bank, “Thai Flood 2011: Rapid assessment for resilient recoverly and reconstruction planning,” 2012,
https://www.gfdrr.org/thaifloods2012 accessed April 10, 2013]
-  S. Kure and T. Tebakari, “Hydrological impact of regional climate change in the Chao Phraya River Basin, Thailand,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.6, pp. 53-58, 2012.
-  T. Tebakari, J. Yoshitani, and C. Suvanpimol, “Time-space trend analysis in pan evaporation over Kingdom of Thailand,” J. of Hydrologic Engineering, Vol.10, pp. 205-215, 2005.
-  T. Homdee, K. Pongput, and S. Kanae, “Impacts of land cover changes on hydrologic responses: a case study of Chi River Basin, Thailand,” Annual J. of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.55, pp. 31-36, 2011.
-  P. B. Hunukumbura, and Y. Tachikawa, “River discharge projection under climate change in the Chao Phraya River Basin,” J. of the Meteorological Society of Japan, Vol.90A, pp. 137-150, 2012.
-  D. Komori et al., “Characteristics of the 2011 Chao Phraya River flood in Central Thailand,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.6, pp. 41-46, 2012.
-  S. Kotsuki and K. Tanaka, “Comparative study of precipitation products through hydrological land surface analysis in Southeast Asian basins,” Hydrological Research Letters (submitted).
-  GAME-T2 Data Center, 2005,
http://hydro.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/GAME-T/GAIN-T/index.html [accessed Mar. 20, 2013]
-  A. Yatagai, K. Kamiguchi, O. Arakawa, A. Hamada, N. Yasutomi, and A. Kitoh, “APHRODITE: Constructing a Long-term Daily Gridded Precipitation Dataset for Asia based on a Dense Network of Rain Gauges,” Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, BAMS, pp. 1401-1415, 2012.
-  B. Rudolf, B. Andreas, S. Udo, M. C. Anja, and Z. Markus, “GPCC status Report December 2010,” 2010,
http://gpcc.dwd.de [accessed Mar. 20, 2013]
-  K. Tanaka, “Development of the New Land Surface Scheme SiBUC Commonly Applicable to Basin Water Management and Numerical Weather Prediction Model,” Doctoral Dissertation, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, pp. 289, 2004.
-  Y. Hirabayashi, S. Kanae, K. Motoya, K. Masuda, and P. Doll, “A 59-year (1948-2006) global near-surface meteorological data set for land surface models,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.2, pp. 36-40, 2008.
-  K. Onogi et al., “The JRA-25 reanalysis,” J. of the Meteorological Society of Japan, Vol.85, pp. 369-432, 2007.
-  D. Yamazaki, T. Oki, and S. Kanae, “Deriving a global river network map and sub-grid topographic characteristics from a fineresolution flow direction map,” Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, Vol.13, pp. 2241-2251, 2009.
-  S. F. Fekete, A. T. K. Tchuente, J. L. Roujean, V. Masson, E. Martin, and P. L. Moigue, “ECOCLIMAP-2/Europe: a twofold database of ecosystems and surface parameters at 1-km resolution based on satelllite information for use in land surface, meteorological and climate models,” Geoscientific Model Development Discussions, Vol.5, pp. 3573-3620, 2013.
-  M. B. Fekete and J. V. Charles, “Uncertainly in precipitation and their impacts on runoff estimates,” J. of Climate, Vol.17, pp. 294-304, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.