Government’s Response to the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
Fire and Disaster Management Agency (FDMA), Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, 2-1-2 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8927, Japan
-  The Extreme Disaster Management Headquarters, “About the 2011 Earthquake off the Pacific coast of Tohoku” (in Japanese),
-  Government of Japan, “Road to Recovery,”
-  Munich RE, “Significant natural catastrophes 1980-2011,” 2011.
-  UNISDR, “JAPAN’S SUCCESS IN RISK REDUCTION HIGHLIGHTED ON MARCH 11 ANNIVERSARY,” 2012.
-  “Terminology,” PreventionWeb,
-  “Statement by Mr. Joe Nakano, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs” at the Thematic Debate on Disaster Risk Reduction, 2012,
-  UNISDR, “Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015: Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters,”
-  Atsushi Koresawa, “Governance and Policy Making,” presented at the International Forum on Tornado Disaster Risk Reduction for Bangladesh, 2009,
-  Cabinet Office, “Report of the Committee for Technical Investigation on Countermeasures for Earthquakes and Tsunamis based on the Lessons Learned from the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake,”
-  Cabinet Office, “Current Status of Efforts Toward Revision of Disaster Management Measures in Light of Lessons learned from the Great East Japan Earthquake.”
-  The Committee for Policy Planning on Disaster Management, “the Interim report” (in Japanese),
-  The Central Disaster Management Committee, “Guidelines to Improve and Strengthen Disaster Countermeasures” (in Japanese),
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, “Activities of the Headquarters for Earthquake Research Promotion: the state of earthquake evaluation in Japan.”
-  Mainichi Daily News, “Projected Tokyo quake to hit top intensity over wider area; science ministry,” March 31, 2012.
-  Mainichi Daily News, “Offshore Pacific quake could cause over-20m tsunami in central Japan,” April 1, 2012.
-  Cabinet Office, “Disaster Management in Japan,”
-  Atsushi Koresawa, “3.11 Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster.”
-  Reconstruction Design Council, “Towards Reconstruction: Hope Beyond the Disaster,”
-  Shigeo Takahashi, Yoshiaki Kuriyama, Takeshi Tomita, Yasuhiro Kawai, Taro Arikawa, Daisuke Tatsumi, and Takeshi Negi, “Urgent Survey for 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster in Ports and Coasts – Part I (Tsunami),” 2011.
-  “Statement by Prime Minister Naoto Kan on Tohoku districtoff the Pacific Ocean Earthquake,”
http://www.kantei.go.jp /foreign/kan/statement/201103/11kishahappyo e.html
-  Cabinet Secretariat, “Address by Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda at the Ceremony to Commemorate the First Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake,”
http://www.kantei. go.jp/foreign/noda/statement/201203/11sikiji e.html
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.