Cutaneous Papillomatosis in Cattle
Dairy Hygiene Research Division, Hokkaido Research Station, National Institute of Animal Health, 4 Hitsujigaoka, Toyohira, Sapporo, Hokkaido 062-0045, Japan
-  M. S. Campo, “Animal models of papillomavirus pathogenesis,” Virus Research, Vol.89, pp. 249-261, 2002.
-  L. Nasir and M. S. Campo, “Bovine papillomaviruses: their role in the aetiology of cutaneous tumours of bovids and equids,” Veterinary Dermatology, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 243-254, 2008.
-  H. R. C. Meischke, “A survey of bovine teat papillomatosis,” The Veterinary Record, Vol.104, pp. 28-31, 1979.
-  Y. Maeda, T. Shibahara, Y. Wada, K. Kadota, T. Kanno, I. Uchida, and S. Hatama, “An outbreak of teat papillomatosis in cattle caused by bovine papilloma virus (BPV) type 6 and unclassified BPVs,” Veterinary Microbiology, Vol.121, pp. 242-248, 2007.
-  W. F. H. Jarrett, J. Murphy, B. W. O’Neil, and H. M. Laird, “Virusinduced papillomas of the alimentary tract of cattle,” International Journal of Cancer, Vol.22, pp. 323-328, 1978.
-  G. Borzacchiello and F. Roperto, “Bovine papillomaviruses, papillomas and cancer in cattle,” Veterinary Research, Vol.39, No.45, pp. 1-19, 2008.
-  E. M. de Villiers, C. Fauquet, T. R. Broker, H. U. Bernard, and H. zur Hausen, “Classification of papillomaviruses,” Virology, Vol.324, pp. 17-27, 2004.
-  H. U. Bernard, R. D. Burk, Z. Chen, K. van Doorslaer, H. zur Hausen, and E. M. de Villiers, “Classification of papillomaviruses (PVs) based on 189 PV types and proposal of taxonomic amendments,” Virology, Vol.401, pp. 70-79, 2010.
-  S. Hatama, R. Ishihara, Y. Ueda, T. Kanno, and I. Uchida, “Detection of a novel bovine papillomavirus type 11 (BPV-11) using xipapillomavirus consensus polymerase chain reaction primers,” Archives of Virology, Vol.156, pp. 1281-1285, 2011.
-  S. Hatama, K. Nobumoto, and T. Kanno, “Genomic and phylogenetic analysis of two novel bovine papillomaviruses, BPV-9 and BPV-10,” Journal of General Virology, Vol.89, pp. 158-163, 2008.
-  W. Zhu, J. Dong, E. Shimizu, S. Hatama, K. Kadota, Y. Goto, and T. Haga, “Characterization of novel bovine papillomavirus type 12 (BPV-12) causing epithelial papilloma,” Archives of Virology, Vol.157, pp. 85-91, 2012.
-  S. Hatama, T. Nishida, K. Kadota, I. Uchida, and T. Kanno, “Bovine papillomavirus type 9 induces epithelial papillomas on the teat skin of heifers,” Veterinary Microbiology, Vol.136, pp. 347-351, 2009.
-  R. Tachezy, G. Duson, A. Rector, A. B. Jenson, J. P. Sundberg, and M. V. Ranst, “Cloning and genomic characterization of Felis domesticus papillomavirus type 1,” Virology, Vol.301, pp. 313-321, 2002.
-  S. Roperto, G. Borzacchiello, R. Brun, A. Perillo, V. Russo, C. Urraro, and F. Roperto, “Multiple glomus tumors of the urinary bladder in a cow associated with bovine papillomavirus type 2 (BPV-2) infection,” Veterinary Pathology, Vol.45, pp. 39-42, 2008.
-  V. Russo, G. Borzacchiello, R. Brun, M. D’Ischia, A. Napolitano, O. Paciello, L. Panzella, F. Roperto, C. Urraro, and S. Roperto, “Melanosis of the urinary bladder in a cow,” Veterinary Pathology, Vol.45, pp. 46-50, 2008.
-  A. Yaguiu, M. L. Z. Dagli, E. H. Birgel Jr., B. C. A. Alves Reis, O. P. Ferraz, E. M. Pituco, A. C. Freitas,W. Beçak, and R. C. Stocco, “Simultaneous presence of bovine papillomavirus and bovine leukemia virus in different bovine tissues: in situ hybridization and cytogenetic analysis,” Genetics and Molecular Research, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 487-497, 2008.
-  S. Brandt, V. Apprich, V. Hackl, R. Tober, M. Danzer, C. Kainzbauer, C. Gabriel, C. Stanek, and J. Kofler, “Prevalence of bovine papillomavirus and Treponema DNA in bovine digital dermatitis lesions,” Veterinary Microbiology, Vol.148, pp. 161-167, 2011.
-  R. O. Olson, C. Olson, B. C. Easterday, “Papillomatosis of the bovine teat (mammary papilla),” Am J Vet Res, Vol.43, No.12, pp. 2250-2252.
-  M. Maruyama, I. Koizumi, “Papillomatosis of the bovine teat at a stock farm in Yamanashi, Japan,” Zenkoku-Kachikuhokeneisei-Gyouseki-Happyoukai 2011, p. 25 (in Japanese).
-  P. M. Howley and D. R. Lowy, “Papillomaviruses,” In Fields Virology 5th Edition, D. M. Knipe and P. M. Howley (Eds.), Vol.2, No.62, pp. 2299-2354, 2006.
-  V. G.Wilson and P. Heaton, “Deltapapillomavirus,” In The Springer Index of Viruses 2nd Edition, C. Tidona and G. Darai (Eds.), Vol.3, pp. 1051-1056.
-  R. B. Lucena, D. R. Rissi, G. D. Kommers, F. Pierezan, J. C. Oliveira-Filho, J. T. S. A. Macedo, M. M. Flores, and C. S. L. Barros, “A retrospective study of 586 tumours in Brazilian cattle,” Journal of Comparative Pathology, Vol.145, pp. 20-24, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.