A Research of the Elevator Evacuation Performance and Strategies for Taipei 101 Financial Center
Shen-Wen Chien* and Wei-Jou Wen**
*Fire Science Institute, Central Police University, Kueishan Hsiang, Taoyuan County 33304, Taiwan
**National Fire Agency, Ministry of The Interior, Xindian District, New Taipei City 23143, Taiwan
-  W. S. David, “Literature Review on Enclosure of Elevator Lobbies,” NISTIR 6973, 2003.
-  J. H. Klote, B. M. Levin, and N. E. Groner, “Emergency Elevator Evacuation Systems,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Elevators, Fire, and Accessibility, Baltimore, MD, April 19-21, 1995, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY, 1995.
-  FEMA 403, “World Trade Center Building Performance Study-Data Collection, Preliminary Observations, and Recommendations,” 2002.
-  J. H. Klote, M. A. Daniel, M. L. Bernard, and E. G. Norman, “Feasibility and Design Considerations of Emergency Evacuation by Elevators,” NIST, 1992.
-  Tower Management Department of Taipei 101 Financial Center, 2004.
-  K.-H. Hsiung, S.-W. Chien, C.-H. Tseng, and P.-T. Huang, “A Study on High Rise Building Fire Evacuation Strategies for Taipei 101 Financial Center,” 4th International Symposium on Human Behavior in Fire, Robinson College, Cambridge UK, pp. 51-60, 3-15 July 2009.
-  K.-H. Hsiung,W.-J. Wen, S.-W. Chien, B.-J. Shih, andW.-H. Hsiao, “A Research of the Elevator Evacuation Performance for Taipei 101 Financial Center,” 6th International Conference on Performance-Based Codes and Fire Safety Design Methods, The International Conference Hall of Waseda University Tokyo, Japan, pp. 213-225, 14-16 June 2006.
-  M. Martin, “Challenges to Using Elevators in a Fire,” Workshop on the Use of Elevators in Fires and Other Emergencies, Atlanta, Georgia, 2003.
-  Building EXODUS V4.0 USER GUIDE AND TECHNICAL MANUAL, 2004.
-  J. H. Klote and D. M. Alvord, “A-Method For Calculation of Elevator Evacuation Time,” NIST, 1993.
-  G. Proulx, N. Bénichou, J. K. Hum, and K. N. Restivo, “Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Different Photoluminescent Stairwell Installations for the Evacuation of Office Building Occupants,” IRC- RR-232, July 2007.
-  R. F. Fahy and G. Proulx, “Analysis of Published Accounts of the World Trade Center Evacuation,” NIST NCRTAR 1-7A, Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster, 2005.
-  R. F. Fahy and G. Proulx, “A Comparison of the 1993 and 2001 evacuations of theWorld Trade Center,” Proceedings- Fire Risk and Hazard Assessment Symposium, Baltimore, ND., July 24, 2004.
-  G. Proulx, “Evacuation by Elevators: Who Goes First,” Workshop on the Use of Elevators in Fires and Other Emergencies, 2003, Atlanta, Georgia, p. 1.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.