Logic of and Systems for Volunteer Disaster Relief Activities in Japan: Current Situations and Challenges 15 Years After the 1995 Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake
Faculty of Safety Science, Kansai University, 7-1 Hakubai-cho, Takatsuki, Osaka 569-1098, Japan
-  A. H. Barton, “Communities in Disasters,” 1969.
-  Assessment Research Group for Rehabilitation Work after the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake (Ed.), “Towards the Civil Society,” Civic Action Organization, 2001.
-  H. Hirotada, “Social Science Approach for Disaster Studies,” Shinyosha, 1981.
-  Hyogo Prefecture, “Chronicle of rehabilitation work after the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake ,” 1997.
-  I. Yatsuzuka, K. Yamori, “Volunteer activity conducted by existing organizaitons at the time of the Great Hanshin Earthquake: The transformation of Japanese society and volunteers,” The Japanese Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 177-194, 1997.
-  International Forum for Disaster Prevention by Citizens and NGOs, “Recovery Plan by Citizens,” Kobe-Sinbun Publishing Center.
-  Japanese Council of Social Welfare, “A guidance to implement disaster relief and disaster relief activities of volunteers within partnership,” 2004.
-  M. Honma, M. Deguchi (Eds.), “Revolution in Volunteerism,” Toyokeizaishinposha, 1996.
-  M. Suga, “Research on Generating and Developing a New Support System for Disaster Victims –After the 1995 Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake–,” doctoral thesis, 2006a.
-  M. Suga, “Current Situations of Disaster Relief Volunteer in Japan and United States of America,” “Research on Generating and Developing a New Support System for Disaster Victims –After the 1995 Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake–,” supporting materials for doctoral thesis, 2006b.
-  M. Urano, J. Oyane, J. Tsuchiya (Eds.), “Disaster relief volunteer activity following the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” Waseda University Graduate School of Social Sciences, Vol.36, 1996.
-  N. Hayase, “Volunteer theory: Citizen’s participation; a new actor of the public sector,” Japan Association of Local Government Policy Studies, Editor. Re-evaluating city planning; disaster prevention and local governance: Local Government Policy Studies Annual Report, Ryosho-Fukyukai, 9, pp. 79-93, 1996.
-  N. Kurita, “Report on Three Flood Disasters in 1998; Fukushima, Tochigi, Kochi,” The National Network of Earthquake Disaster (SHINTSUNA) (Ed.) “How to organize a flood volunteer center,” pp. 35-54, 1999.
-  Project Meeting in Support of Disaster Relief Volunteer Activities (Ed.), “Report on the Relief Activities after the Earthquake in Noto-Peninsula,” 2007.
-  R. Fujimuro, “Gathering the Experiences of the Victims Through a Relaxing Footbath,” M. Suga, Y. Yamashita, T. Atsumi, “Introduction of Disaster Volunteer,” Kobundo, 2008.
-  Research Group for a Follow-up Survey of the Decade Since the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, “The Decade Since the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” Bunrikaku, 2005.
-  Research Group on Support Activity at Times of Disaster (Ed.), “Towards better support activity: at times of disaster from four view points,” Funded by Nippon Foundation, 2002.
-  S. Nishiyama, “Logic of Volunteer Activities,” Toshindo, 2005.
-  Study Group for Revitalization Design, “Revitalization Design Research,” No.5, 2007.
-  T. Atsumi, “Wisdom of Volunteerism,” Osaka University Press, 2001.
-  T. Harada, “Volunteerism a form of Human Relationships,” Sekaishisosha, 2000.
-  T. Noda, “Disaster and Social System,” Kouseishakouseikaku, 1997.
-  Y. Yamashita, “An analysis of Public’s Opinions on the Postearthquake Volunteers,” Y. Yamashita, M. Suga, “The Sociology of Post-earthquake Volunteers,” Minerva Publishing, pp. 234-264, 2002.
-  Y. Yamashita, M. Suga, “The Sociology of Post-earthquake Volunteers,” Minerva Publishing, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.