An Assessment of Coastal Zone Hazard Mitigation Plans in Texas
Jung Eun Kang*, Walter Gillis Peacock**, and Rahmawati Husein**
*Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change, Knowledge & Intelligence Team, Korea Environment Institute, 290 Jinheungno, Eunpyeong-Gu, Seoul 122-706, Korea
**Hazard Reduction and Recovery Center, Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77843-3137, USA
-  D. S. Mileti, “Disasters by Design,” Joseph Henry Press, 1999.
-  R. J. Burby, “Cooperating with Nature,” Joseph Henry Press, 1998.
-  Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), “Hazard Mitigation Planning,” 2008.
-  P. R. Berke and S. P. French, “The Influence of State Planning Mandates on Local Plan Quality,” J. of Planning education and Research, Vol.13, pp. 237-250, 1994.
-  R. J. Burby and L. C. Dalton, “Plan Can Matter! The role of Land Use Plans and State Planning Mandates in Limiting the Development of Hazardous Areas,” Planning Administration Review, 54-3, pp. 229-238, 1994.
-  P. R. Berke, D. J. Roenigk, E. J. Kaiser, and R. J. Burby, “Enhancing Plan Quality: Evaluating the Role of State Planning Mandates for Natural Hazard Mitigation,” J. of Environmental Planning and Management, 39-1, pp. 79-96, 1996.
-  E. J. Kaiser, D. R. Godschalk, and F. S. Chapin, “Urban Land Use Planning,” University of Illinois Press, 1995.
-  R. E. Deyle, S. P. French, R. B. Olshansky, and R. B. Paterson, “Hazard Assessment: The Factual Basis for Planning and Mitigation,” in J. R. Burby (Ed.), “Cooperating with Nature,” Joseph Henry Press, pp. 119-166, 1998.
-  S. D. Brody, “Examining the Role of Resource-based Industries in Ecosystem Approaches to Management: An Evaluation of Comparative Plans in Florida,” Society and Natural Resources, Vol.16, pp. 625-641, 2003.
-  S. D. Brody, “Implementing the Principles of Ecosystem Management Through Local Land Use Planning,” Population and Environment, Vol.24, pp. 511-540, 2003.
-  S. D. Brody, “Measuring the Effects of Stakeholder Participation on the Quality of Local Plans Based on the Principles of Collaborative Ecosystem Management,” J. of Planning, Education and Research, Vol.22, pp. 407-419, 2003.
-  P. R. Berke, D. Rodriquez, D. Godschalk, and E. Kaiser, “Urban Land Use Planning,” University of Chicago Press, 2006.
-  W. G. Peacock, J. Kang, R. Husein, G. R. Burns, C. Prater, S. Brody, and T. Kennedy, “An Assessment of Coastal Zone Hazard Mitigation Plans in Texas,” Hazard Reduction and Recovery Center, Texas A&M University, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.