Flood Prevention Strategy in Taiwan: Lessons Learned from Typhoon Morakot
Lung-Sheng Hsieh, Jiun-Huei Jang, Hsuan-Ju Lin,
and Pao-Shan Yu
National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction, 9F, 200, Sec. 3, Beisin Rd., Sindian City, Taipei County, Taiwan
-  NCDR, “Field Investigation and Analysis on Typhoon Morakot,” Report of National Science Council, Executive Yuan, Taiwan, 2009a.
-  NCDR, “Disaster survey of Typhoon Morakot,” Sino-Geotechnics, Vol.121, pp. 75-82, 2009b.
-  WRA, “National Flood Control and Management Project for Floodprone Areas,” Water Resource Agency, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, 2005.
-  WRA, “River and coastal disaster prevention measures in response to climate change,” Water Resource Agency, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, 2008.
-  S. Chiang, L. S. Shieh, F. Yukuo, C. Taimo, and F. B. Shiau, “Comprehensive river basin management in Taiwan: contributions of Yutaka Takahasi,” Water Resources, Development, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 589-592, 2009.
-  The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Work Group II, “Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability,” Cambridge University Press, 2007.
-  S. C. Liu, C. J. Shiu, J. P. Chen, and C. B. Fu, “Changes of precipitation intensity in East Asia,” proceedings of 2008 Climate Change Conference in Taiwan, Taipei, Taiwan, August 25, Central Weather Bureau, p. 12, 2008.
-  Y. H. Tseng, L. C. Breaker, and T. Y. Change, “Sea level variations in the regional seas around Taiwan,” J. of Oceanography, Vol.66, No.1, pp. 27-39, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.