Principal Component Analysis as a Tool for Materials Characterization of the Plate Boundary — Seismic Activity Application in the Plate Boundary Zone of the Northeastern Japan Arc.
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Frontier Science, University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8561, Japan
-  M. Ohnaka and M. Matsu’ura, “The Physics of Earthquake Generation,” University of Tokyo Press, 378, 2002.
-  J.-P. Park, T. Tsuru, N. Nakanishi, T. Hori, S. Kaneda, A. Nakanishi, S. Miura, and Y. Kaneda, “A deep strong reflector of the Nankai accretionary wedge from multichannel seismic data: Implications for underplating and interseismic shear stress release,” J.Geophys. Res., Vol.107, ESE3-1, pp. 3-16, 2002.
-  D. Zhao, Z. Wang, N. Umino, and A. Hasegawa, “Tomographic imaging outside a seismic network: application to the northeast Japan Arc.,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.97, pp. 1121-1132, 2007.
-  Y. Yamanaka and M. Kikuchi, “Source process of the recurrent Tokachi-oki earthquake on September 26, 2003,” inferred from teleseismic body waves. Earth Planets Space, Vol.55, e21-24, 2003.
-  F. Hirose, A. Nakamura, and A. Hasegawa, “b-value Variation associated with the rupture of asperities-Spatial and temporal distributions of b-vale east off NE Japan,” Jisin, Vol.55, pp. 249-260, 2002.
-  J. Kasahara, A. Kamimura, G. Fujie, and R. Hino, “Influence of water on earthquake generation along subduction zones,” Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst. Univ. Tokyo, Vol.76, pp. 291-303, 2001.
-  M. Toriumi and M. Inui, “Pressure – temperature - water production rate paths in the subduction metamorphism,” Bull. Earthquake Res. Inst. Univ. Tokyo, Vol.76, pp. 367-376, 2001.
-  M. Toriumi and E. Hara, “Crack geometries and deformation by the crack-seal mechanism in the Sambagawa metamorphic belt,” Tectonophysics, Vol.245, pp. 249-261, 1995.
-  T. Tsuru, J.-P. Park, S. Miura, S. Kodaira, Y. Kido, and T. Hayashi, “Along-arc structural variation of the plate boundary at the Japan Trench margin: Implication of interplate coupling,” J. Geophys.Res., Vol.107, B12, doi:10.1029/2001JB001664, 2002.
-  A. Nakanishi, A. J. Smith, S. Miura, T. Tsuru, S. Kodaira, K. Obana, N. Takahashi, P. R. Cummins, and Y. Kaneda, “Structural factors controlling the coseismic rupture zone of 1973 Nemuro-ONI earthquake, the southern Kuril trench seismogenic zone.,” Jour. Geophys. Red., Vol.109, B05305, dpi:10,1029/2003JB002574, 2004.
-  B. K. Atkinson, “Subcritical crack growth in geological materials,” J. Geophys. Red., Vol.89, pp. 4077-4114. 1984.
-  I. T. Jollife, “Principal Component Analysis,” 530pp, Springer, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.