Mitigation Systems by Hazard Maps, Mitigation Plans, and Risk Analyses Regarding Volcanic Disasters in Japan
Yoichi Nakamura*, Kazuyoshi Fukushima*, Xinghai Jin*,
Motoo Ukawa** Teruko Sato**, and Yayoi Hotta**
*Dept of Earth Sciences, Utsunomiya University, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321-8505, Japan
**National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED),3-1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
-  D. Shimozuru, “Volcano — For Disaster Mitigations,” Asakura Publishing Company, Tokyo, 252pp, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  National Land Agency, “Guide for Making Manual of Disaster Maps of Volcanic Hazard,” Japan, National Land Agency, 153pp, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakamura and S. Aramaki, “Picture-related database of published volcanic hazard maps in Japan,” Abstract of International Workshop on Strategy of Volcanic Disaster Mitigation, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan, 2003.
-  K. Uhira, “Revised Definition and Classification of Active Volcanoes in Japan, based on their Past Activities,” Volcanological Division, Seismology and Volcanology Department, Japan Meteorological Agency, pp. 1-6, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakamura, “An Assessment of Review on Volcanic Hazard Maps of Japan with a Database System,” Volcanic Hazard Maps of Japan, Chikyu, 27, pp. 18-20, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakamura, S. Aramaki, T. Sato, Y. Hotta, and M. Ukawa, “Volcanic Hazard Maps of Japan (with 2 DVD),” Technical Note of the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan, 292, pp. 1-20, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sato, Y. Hotta, M. Ukawa, Y. Nakamura, and S. Aramaki, “Hyperbase of Volcanic Hazard Maps in Japan,” Cites on Volcano Conf., Abstract vol.22-P-11, 2007.
-  Disaster Information Laboratory, Disaster Prevention System Reserch Center, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan,“Volcanic Hazard Maps of Japan with additional edition DVD3,” Reference material to the Technical Note of the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan, 292, pp. 1-8, 2007.
-  Y. Nakamura, K. Fukushima, X. Jin, M. Ukawa, and T. Sato, “An Assessment of Japanese Mitigation Systems on Volcanic Disasters: A Review of Hazard Maps, Mitigation Programs, and Risk Analyses,” Cites on Volcano Conf., Abstract Vol.22-O-11, 2007.
-  K. Ikeuchi and T. Yokota, “Volcanic Disaster Prevention Countermeasures in Terms of Evacuation Systems at Eruptions and Related Phenomena,” Cites on Volcano Conference, Abstract Vol.21a-O-10, 2007.
-  Cabinet Office, “Disaster Management in Japan,” Disaster Management, Cabinet Office, The Government of Japan, 315pp, 2007 (in Japanese with English translation).
-  Cabinet Office, “White Paper on A Disaster Prevention, 2007 version,” Disaster Management, Cabinet Office, The Government of Japan, 315pp, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  W. P. Aspinall, “Structured elicitation of expert judgment for probabilistic hazard and risk assessment in volcanic eruptions,” in: Mader, H. M. Coles, S. G. Connor, C. B, and L. J. Connro, ed. “Statistics in Volcanology,” Special Publications of IAVCEI 1, Geological Society, London, pp. 16-30, 2006.
-  D. Johnston and K. Ronan, “Risk education and intervention,” In: Sigurdsson, H. Houghton, B. McNutt, S. R, and J. Stix, eds, “Encyclopedia of Volcanoes (in Encyclopedia of Volcanoes),” Academic Press, UK, pp. 1229-1240, 2000.
-  J. W. Ewert, M. Guffanti, and T. L. Murray, “An Assessment of Volcanic Threat and Monitoring Capabilities in the United States: Framework for a National Volcano Early Warning System,” USGS OPEN-FILE REPORT 2005-1164, U.S. Geological Survey, USA, 2005.
-  T. I. Tilling, “Volcanic hazards and their mitigation: Progress and problems,” Rev. Geophys. 27(2), pp. 237-269, 1989.
-  S. Aramaki, “Last 30 Years of Volcanic Hazard Mitigation in Japan, ” Abstract Volume, Cites on Volcano 5 Conference, Shimabara, Japan. CL2, p1, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.