International and National Problems in Fisheries Seabird By-Catch
Yamashina Institute for Ornithology
-  C. E. Tull, P. Germain, and A. W. May, “Mortality of thick-billed murres in the west Greenland salmon fishery,” Nature, 237, pp. 42-44, 1972.
-  S. Saila, “Importance and assessment of discards in commercial fisheries,” UN/FAO, Rome, Italy. FAO Circ. 765, 1983.
-  D. L. Alverson, M. H. Freeberg, J. G. Pope, and S. A. Murauski, “A global assessment of fisheries bycatch and discards,” FAO Fisheries Technical Paper, No.339, Rome, FAO, 1994.
-  R. J. Tomkin, “Reproductive and mortality of wandering albatrosses on Macquair Island,” Emu, 85, pp. 40-42, 1985.
-  H. Weimerskirch and P. Jouventin, “Population dynamics of the Wandering Albatross, Diomedea exulans, of the Crozet Islands: causes and consequences of the population decline,” Oikos, 49, pp. 315-322, 1987.
-  N. Brothers, “Albatross mortality and associated bait loss in the Japanese longline fishery in the Southern Ocean,” Biological Conservation, 55, pp. 255-268, 1991.
-  A. R. DeGange, R. H. Day, and L. L. Jones, “Mortality of seabirds in the Japanese high-seas salmon mothership fishery. 1981-1984,” U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Anchorage, 1985.
-  A. Yatsu, K. Hiramatsu, and S. Hayase, “Outline of the Japanese squid driftnet fishery with notes on the by-catch,” Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm. Bull, 53, pp. 5-24, 1993.
-  S. Yeh and I. Tung, “Review of Taiwanese pelagic squid fisheries in the North Pacific,” Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm. Bull, 53, pp. 71-76, 1993.
-  S. M. Fitzgerald, H. McElderry, H. Hatanaka, Y. Watanabe, J. S. Park, Y. Gong, and S. Yeh, “1990-1991 North Pacific high seas driftnet scientific observer program,” Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm. Bull, 53, pp. 77-90, 1993.
-  H. Nakano, K. Okada, Y. Watanabe, and K. Uosaki, “Outline of the large-mesh driftnet fishery of Japan,” Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm. Bull, 53, pp. 25-37, 1993.
-  INPFC(Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm.), “Final report of squid and bycatch observations in the Japanese driftnet fishery for neon flying squid (Ommastrephes bartrami), ” June-December, 1989 Observer Program, (INPFC Doc.) Joint report by the National Sections of Canada, Japan and the United States, 1990.
-  H. Ogi, “Identification Guide of Seabirds in the North Pacific,” Laboratory of the Japan Fisheries Agency, 1990 (in Japanese).
-  H. Ogi, A. Yatsu, H. Hatanaka, and A. Nitta, “The mortality of seabirds by driftnet fisheries in the North Pacific,” Int. N. Pac. Fish. Comm. Bull, 53, pp. 499-518, 1993.
-  S. P. Northridge,“Driftnet fisheries and their impacts on non-target species: a worldwide review,” FAO Fisheries Technical Paper No.320, FAO of the United Nations, Rome, 1991.
-  Kadokawa City Board of Education, “Picture book of Japanese Murrelets,” 2006 (in Japanese).
-  H. Ogi, “Present status and future guideline for conservation of the Streaked Shearwater breeding populations on Oshima Ohshima Island, Hokkaido,” Bull. 15 Fish. Sci, Hokkaido Univ, 52, pp. 71-93, 2001 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.