Novel Nonlinear Control for a Class of Non-Integer Order Time Lag Gene System
*Department of Mining Engineering, Luliang University
1 Xueyuan Road, Lishi District, Luiliang, Shanxi 033001, China
**School of Mechanical Engineering, North University of China
3 Xueyuan Road, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030000, China
This study presents the bifurcation analysis and stabilization via the impulsive control of a fractional-order gene regulatory network with time delay. First, the author chooses the transcription rate k as the bifurcation parameter and obtains the Hopf bifurcation condition by analyzing its characteristic equation. The research shows that Hopf bifurcation occurs when the transcription rate k exceeds a critical value. This bifurcation behavior may destabilize the system. Subsequently, the author designs an impulsive controller to stabilize the system. Finally, simulation examples are used to verify our theory.
-  S. Sinha et al., “Behavior-related gene regulatory networks: A new level of organization in the brain,” Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol.117, No.38, pp. 23270-23279, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1921625117
-  A. Pratapa et al., “Benchmarking algorithms for gene regulatory network inference from single-cell transcriptomic data,” Nature Methods, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 147-154, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41592-019-0690-6
-  X. Wang, S. Huang, and Z. Xiang, “Output feedback finite-time stabilization of a class of nonlinear time-delay systems in the p-normal form,” Int. J. of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.30, No.11, pp. 4418-4432, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.4996
-  H. Li, X. Xu, and X. Ding, “Finite-time stability analysis of stochastic switched Boolean networks with impulsive effect,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.347, pp. 557-565, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2018.11.018
-  S. Zhu, J. Lu, and Y. Liu, “Asymptotical stability of probabilistic Boolean networks with state delays,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.65, No.4, pp. 1779-1784, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2019.2934532
-  Z. Zhe et al., “A novel asymptotic stability condition for a delayed distributed order nonlinear composite system with uncertain fractional order,” J. of the Franklin Institute, Vol.359, No.18, pp. 10986-11006, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2022.03.042
-  Z. Zhang et al., “Novel stability results of multivariable fractional-order system with time delay,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Vol.157, Article No.111943, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2022.111943
-  E. Memlikai et al., “Design of fractional-order lead compensator for a car suspension system based on curve-fitting approximation,” Fractal and Fractional, Vol.5, No.2, Article No.46, 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/fractalfract5020046
-  Z. Zhe et al., “Novel fractional-order decentralized control for nonlinear fractional-order composite systems with time delays,” ISA Trans., Vol.128, Part B, pp. 230-242, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2021.11.044
-  S. Rosa and D. F. M. Torres, “Fractional-order modelling and optimal control of cholera transmission,” Fractal and Fractional, Vol.5, No.4, Article No.261, 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/fractalfract5040261
-  Z. Zhang et al., “Novel asymptotic stability criterion for fractional-order gene regulation system with time delay,” Asian J. of Control, Vol.24, No.6, pp. 3095-3104, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1002/asjc.2697
-  Z. Zhe and Z. Jing, “Asymptotic stabilization of general nonlinear fractional-order systems with multiple time delays,” Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol.102, pp. 605-619, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-020-05866-2
-  C. Huang, J. Cao, and M. Xiao, “Hybrid control on bifurcation for a delayed fractional gene regulatory network,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Vol.87, pp. 19-29, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2016.02.036
-  J. H. Levine, Y. Lin, and M. B. Elowitz, “Functional roles of pulsing in genetic circuits,” Science, Vol.342, No.6163, pp. 1193-1200, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1239999
-  L. López-Maury, S. Marguerat, and J. Bähler, “Erratum: Tuning gene expression to changing environments: From rapid responses to evolutionary adaptation,” Nature Reviews Genetics, Vol.10, No.1, p. 68, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrg2500
-  G. Chechik and D. Koller, “Timing of gene expression responses to environmental changes,” J. of Computational Biology, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 279-290, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1089/cmb.2008.13TT
-  N. Yosef and A. Regev, “Impulse control: Temporal dynamics in gene transcription,” Cell, Vol.144, No.6, pp. 886-896, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2011.02.015
-  F. Wang, Y. Yang, and M. Hu, “Asymptotic stability of delayed fractional-order neural networks with impulsive effects,” Neurocomputing, Vol.154, pp. 239-244, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2014.11.068
-  A. Verdugo and R. Rand, “Hopf bifurcation in a DDE model of gene expression,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 235-242, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2006.05.001
-  J. K. Hale, “Theory of functional differential equations,” Springer, 1977.
-  B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y.-H. Wan, “Theory and applications of Hopf bifurcation,” Cambridge University Press, 1981.
-  X.-X. Liu and B.-G. Xu, “Impulsive control of a class of nonlinear time-delay differential systems,” J. of South China University of Technology (Natural Science), Vol.33, No.5, pp. 11-14, 2005.
-  S. Bhalekar and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “A Predictor-corrector scheme for solving nonlinear delay differential equations of fractional order,” J. of Fractional Calculus and Applications, Vol.1, No.5, pp. 1-9, 2011.
-  Q. Sun, M. Xiao, and B. Tao, “Local bifurcation analysis of a fractional-order dynamic model of genetic regulatory networks with delays,” Neural Processing Letters, Vol.47, No.3, pp. 1285-1296, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11063-017-9690-7
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.