Symbol Error Probability Optimization of OFDM Bidirectional AF Relaying Systems
Dong Qin*, and Tianqing Zhou**
*School of Information Engineering, Nanchang University
No.999 Xuefu Avenue, Honggutan District, Nanchang City, Jiangxi 330031, China
**School of Information Engineering, East China Jiaotong University
No.808 Shuanggang Road, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330013, China
This paper considers that two transceivers exchange orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) signals with the aid of multiple bidirectional amplify and forward (AF) relays. Unlike most researchers who care about sum rate maximization issues to improve transmission efficiency, we formulate a symbol error probability (SEP) minimization problem under total power constraint because high data rate may degrade SEP performance. A joint algorithm of power allocation and relay selection is proposed to study their impact on the SEP performance. The closed-form solution of power allocation is not a form of water filling widely used in the sum rate maximum problem. Both analytical and simulation results clearly demonstrate the superiority of our algorithm.
-  A. Gavili and S. Shahbazpanahi, “Optimal resource sharing and network beamforming in multi-carrier bidirectional relay networks,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol.63, No.23, pp. 6354-6367, 2015.
-  F. Jameel, S. Wyne, and Z. Ding, “Secure communications in three-step two-way energy harvesting DF relaying,” IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol.22, No.2, pp. 308-311, 2018.
-  Y. Gu, H. Chen, Y. Li, L. Song, and B. Vucetic, “Short-packet two-way amplify-and-forward relaying,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett., Vol.25, No.2, pp. 263-267, 2018.
-  W. Li, M.-L. Ku, Y. Chen, K. J. R. Liu, and S. Zhu, “Performance analysis for two-way network-coded dual-relay networks with stochastic energy harvesting,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol.16, No.9, pp. 5747-5761, 2017.
-  G. Huang and D. Tang, “Wireless information and power transfer in two-way OFDM amplify-and-forward relay networks,” IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol.20, No.8, pp. 1563-1566, 2016.
-  M. Chang, M. Dong, F. Zuo, and S. Shahbazpanahi, “Joint subchannel pairing and power allocation in multichannel MABC-based two-way relaying,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol.15, No.1, pp. 620-632, 2016.
-  M. Askari and S. Shahbazpanahi, “On sum-rate maximization approach to network beamforming and power allocation for asynchronous single-carrier two-way relay networks,” IEEE Access, Vol.5, pp. 13699-13711, 2017.
-  K. Singh, A. Gupta, and T. Ratnarajah, “A utility-based joint subcarrier and power allocation for green communications in multi-user two-way regenerative relay networks” IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol.65, No.9, pp. 3705-3722, 2017.
-  B. C. Nguyen, T. M. Hoang, P. T. Tran, T. N. Nguyen, V.-D. Phan, B. V. Minh, and M. Voznak, “Cooperative communications for improving the performance of bidirectional full-duplex system with multiple reconfigurable intelligent surfaces,” IEEE Access, Vol.9, pp. 134733-134742, 2021.
-  A. Rauniyar, P. E. Engelstad, and O. N. Østerbø, “On the performance of bidirectional NOMA-SWIPT enabled IoT relay networks,” IEEE Sensors J., Vol.21, No.2, pp. 2299-2315, 2021.
-  X. Guo, B. Li, D. Zhai, and R. Zhang, “Performance analysis and optimization of a UAV-enabled two-way relaying network under FSMH, NC, and PNC schemes,” IEEE Internet of Things J., Vol.8, No.24, pp. 17802-17816, 2021.
-  K. Xiong, P. Fan, K. B. Letaief, S. Yi, and M. Lei, “Joint subcarrier-pairing and resource allocation for two-way multi-relay OFDM networks,” 2012 IEEE Global Communications Conf. (GLOBECOM), pp. 4874-4879, 2012.
-  N. Kumar and V. Bhatia, “Exact ASER analysis of rectangular QAM in two-way relaying networks over Nakagami-m fading channels,” IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol.5, No.5, pp. 548-551, 2016.
-  C. Zhang, J. Ge, J. Li, and Y. Hu, “Performance evaluation for asymmetric two-way AF relaying in Rician fading,” IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol.2, No.3, pp. 307-310, 2013.
-  S. Boyd and L. Vanderberghe, “Convex Optimization,” Cambridge University Press, 2004.
-  I. Chatzigeorgiou, “Bounds on the Lambert function and their application to the outage analysis of user cooperation,” IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol.17, No.8, pp. 1505-1508, 2013.
-  C. Jeong and I.-M. Kim, “Optimal power allocation for secure multicarrier relay systems,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol.59, No.11, pp. 5428-5442, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.