optIFnet: A Capacitive Antenna Dipole Indention-Flexure Predictive Model Optimized Using Hybrid Lichtenberg Algorithm and Neural Network
Mike Louie C. Enriquez*,, Ronnie S. Concepcion II*, R-Jay S. Relano*, Kate G. Francisco*, Jonah Jahara G. Baun**, Adrian Genevie G. Janairo**, Renann G. Baldovino*, Ryan Rhay P. Vicerra*, Argel A. Bandala**, and Elmer P. Dadios*
*Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Management, De La Salle University (DLSU)
2401 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila 1004, Philippines
**Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, De La Salle University (DLSU)
2401 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila 1004, Philippines
In performing underground imaging surveying, applying a coating in the antenna dipole plates with robust and durable material to stay protected against rough road features is vital to consider. By doing this, the mechanical properties of the metallic antenna dipole can be improved and be shielded from deterioration. With that, this study has developed an indentation-flexure algorithm optimized using a hybrid Lichtenberg algorithm (LA) and artificial neural network (ANN) that can predict the indentation-flexure as a function of the coating material’s elastic modulus, Poisson ratio, and thickness as well as the load antenna weight. Acrylic, epoxy, nylon 101, high-density polyethylene, and polyvinyl chloride were chosen as the top five most popular coating materials. A 120° titanium cone indenter with a 0.5-inch-diameter, slightly rounded point, and a constant compressive force of 200 N in the center was employed to plot and use a nonlinear mechanical finite element analysis on an antenna dipole plate using SolidWorks. Nature-inspired and evolutionary metaheuristics such as African vultures, Lichtenberg, and gorilla troop optimization algorithm including genetic algorithm (GA) were employed as optimized models for the hardness indentation for capacitively coupled antenna dipoles. Based on the results, the hybrid LA-ANN solution with a hidden neurons of 3000 and a sigmoid activation function is the best performing model as it acquired a MSE score of 0.0061 in validation and 0.1478 in testing compare to the other model with 0.1610 for GA with 100 hidden neurons with sigmoid activation function. Thus, LA-ANN model is considered as the optIFnet as it exhibited the best prediction performance and fastest convergence among all optimizers used.
-  M. L. Enriquez et al., “Prediction of Weld Current Using Deep Transfer Image Networks Based on Weld Signatures for Quality Control,” 2021 IEEE 13th Int. Conf. on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment, and Management (HNICEM), 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/HNICEM54116.2021.9731979
-  A. Fardan, C. C. Berndt, and R. Ahmed, “Numerical modelling of particle impact and residual stresses in cold sprayed coatings: A review,” Surf. Coatings Technol., Vol.409, Article No.126835, 2021.
-  Z.-X. Li and S.-W. Rao, “The Inversion of One-Dimensional Soil Parameters in the Frequency Domain with Considering Multilayered Earth Based on Simulated Annealing Algorithm,” IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol.62, No.2, pp. 425-432, 2020.
-  L. Meng et al., “Identification of material properties using indentation test and shape manifold learning approach,” Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng., Vol.297, pp. 239-257, 2015.
-  K. Jeong et al., “Prediction of uniaxial tensile flow using finite element-based indentation and optimized artificial neural networks,” Mater. Des., Vol.196, Article No.109104, 2020.
-  R. Li et al., “A fast approximation for 1-D inversion of transient electromagnetic data by using a back propagation neural network and improved particle swarm optimization,” Nonlinear Process. Geophys., Vol.26, No.4, pp. 445-456, 2019.
-  M. Challan et al., “Fabrication and mechanical characterization of red mud based Al2025-T6 MMC using Lichtenberg optimization algorithm and whale optimization algorithm,” Mater. Today Proc., Vol.50, Part 5, pp. 1346-1353, 2022.
-  M. Rawa et al., “Estimation of Parameters of Different Equivalent Circuit Models of Solar Cells and Various Photovoltaic Modules Using Hybrid Variants of Honey Badger Algorithm and Artificial Gorilla Troops Optimizer,” Mathematics, Vol.10, No.7, Article No.1057, 2022.
-  Y. Chen and G. Zhang, “New parameters identification of Proton exchange membrane fuel cell stacks based on an improved version of African vulture optimization algorithm,” Energy Reports, Vol.8, pp. 3030-3040, 2022.
-  S. Li et al., “Hardness prediction of high entropy alloys with machine learning and material descriptors selection by improved genetic algorithm,” Comput. Mater. Sci., Vol.205, Article No. 111185, 2022.
-  M. Chiumenti et al., “Stress, strain and dissipation accurate 3-field formulation for inelastic isochoric deformation,” Finite Elem. Anal. Des., Vol.192, Article No.103534, 2021.
-  Y. Kim et al., “Novel deep learning approach for practical applications of indentation,” Mater. Today Adv., Vol.13, Article No.100207, 2022.
-  S. H. Muñoz and M. C. S. Moreno, “Multiaxial stress and strain analysis on laminated plates under different flexural loading rates,” IOP Conf. Ser. Mater. Sci. Eng., Vol.942, Article No.012022, 2020.
-  B. Abdollahzadeh, F. S. Gharehchopogh, and S. Mirjalili, “African vultures optimization algorithm: A new nature-inspired metaheuristic algorithm for global optimization problems,” Comput. Ind. Eng., Vol.158, Article No.107408, 2021.
-  R. Concepcion et al., “Diseased Surface Assessment of Maize Cercospora Leaf Spot Using Hybrid Gaussian Quantum-Behaved Particle Swarm and Recurrent Neural Network,” 2021 IEEE Int. IOT, Electron. Mechatronics Conf. (IEMTRONICS), 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEMTRONICS52119.2021.9422515
-  A. Mohanty et al., “Parametric optimization of parameters affecting dimension precision of FDM printed part using hybrid Taguchi-MARCOS-nature inspired heuristic optimization technique,” Mater. Today Proc., Vol.50, pp. 893-903, 2021.
-  R. S. Concepcion II et al., “Metaheuristic optimization of ammonia factor as a eutrophication pollution emission descriptor for trophic state stability,” Int. J. Environ. Sci. Dev., Vol.11, No.10, pp. 460-470, 2020.
-  W. M. Z. W. Zaidi et al., “An optimization approach in the development of a new correlation for two-phase heat transfer coefficient of R744 in a microchannel,” Int. J. Air-Conditioning Refrig., Vol.30, Article No.4, 2022.
-  K. G. Francisco et al., “Systematic Analysis and Proposed AI-Based Technique for Attenuating Inductive and Capacitive Parasitics in Low and Very Low Frequency Antennas,” 2022 IEEE Int. IEMTRONICS, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEMTRONICS55184.2022.9795784
-  A. G. Janairo et al., “Optimization of Subsurface Imaging Antenna Capacitance Through Geometry Modeling Using Archimedes, Lichtenberg and Henry Gas Solubility Metaheuristics,” 2022 IEEE Int. IEMTRONICS, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEMTRONICS55184.2022.9795789
-  S. S. Kareem et al., “An Effective Feature Selection Model Using Hybrid Metaheuristic Algorithms for IoT Intrusion Detection,” Sensors, Vol.22, No.4, Article No.1396, 2022.
-  R. Concepcion II et al., “Aquaphotomics determination of nutrient biomarker for spectrophotometric parameterization of crop growth primary macronutrients using genetic programming,” Inf. Process. Agric., Vol.9, No.4, pp. 497-513, 2022.
-  M. G. B. Palconit et al., “Three-dimensional stereo vision tracking of multiple free-swimming fish for low frame rate video,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.25, No.5, pp. 639-646, 2021.
-  J. L. J. Pereira et al., “A Powerful Lichtenberg Optimization Algorithm: A Damage Identification Case Study,” Eng. Appl. Artif. Intell., Vol.97, Article No.104055, 2021.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.