An Event-Triggered Networked Predictive Control Method Using an Allowable Time Delay
Zhong-Hua Pang, Zhen-Yi Liu, Zhe Dong, and Tong Mu
Key Laboratory of Fieldbus Technology and Automation of Beijing, North China University of Technology
No.5 Jinyuanzhuang Road, Shijingshan District, Beijing 100144, China
An event-triggered network predictive control method, which uses allowable time delays, was developed for networked control systems with random network delays, packet disorders, and packet dropouts in the feedback and forward channels. In this method, random communication constraints are uniformly treated as a time delay at each time instant. Subsequently, based on a time-delay state feedback control law, the proposed method is used to actively compensate for the time delay that exceeds the allowable. In addition, the introduction of an event-triggered mechanism reduces communication loads and saves network resources. A necessary and sufficient stability condition for the closed-loop system is provided, which is independent of random time delays and is related to the allowable delay. Finally, the simulation results of the two systems verified the effectiveness of the proposed method.
-  A. González, Á. Cuenca, J. Salt, and J. Jacobs, “Robust stability analysis of an energy-efficient control in a networked control system with application to unmanned ground vehicles,” Inf. Sci., Vol.578, pp. 64-84, 2021.
-  T. Li, X. Tang, J. Ge, and S. Fei, “Event-based fault-tolerant control for networked control systems applied to aircraft engine system,” Inf. Sci., Vol.512, pp. 1063-1077, 2020.
-  R. Mitchell and I.-R. Chen, “Behavior rule specification-based intrusion detection for safety critical medical cyber physical systems,” IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Comput., Vol.12, No.1, pp. 16-30, 2015.
-  A. Mohammadali, M. S. Haghighi, M. H. Tadayon, and A. Mohammadi-Nodooshan, “A novel identity-based key establishment method for advanced metering infrastructure in smart grid,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 2834-2842, 2018.
-  Z. Pang, C. Bai, G. Liu, Q. Han, and X. Zhang, “A novel networked predictive control method for systems with random communication constraints,” J. Syst. Sci. Complexity, Vol.34, pp. 1364-1378, 2021.
-  X.-M. Zhang, Q.-L. Han, X. Ge, D. Ding, L. Ding, D. Yue, and C. Peng, “Networked control systems: a survey of trends and techniques,” IEEE/CAA J. Autom. Sin., Vol.7, No.1, pp. 1-17, 2020.
-  Z.-H. Pang, Z.-Y. Liu, Z. Dong, and T. Mu, “Event-triggered predictive control for networked systems using allowable time delays,” The 7th Int. Workshop on Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (IWACIII), Article No.T1-2-6, 2021.
-  Z.-H. Pang, G.-P. Liu, D. Zhou, and D. Sun, “Networked Predictive Control of Systems with Communication Constraints and Cyber Attacks,” Springer Singapore, 2019.
-  Z.-H. Pang, C.-B. Zheng, C. Li, G.-P. Liu, and Q.-L. Han, “Cloud-based time-varying formation predictive control of multi-agent systems with random communication constraints and quantized signals,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II: Express Briefs, Vol.69, No.3, pp. 1282-1286, 2022.
-  J. R. Ramirez, Y. Minami, and K. Sugimoto, “Event-triggered quantizers for network traffic reduction,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.21, No.6, pp. 1111-1113, 2017.
-  R. Yang and W. X. Zheng, “Output-based event-triggered predictive control for networked control systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol.67, No.12, pp. 10631-10640, 2020.
-  X. Jiang and Q.-L. Han, “Delay-dependent robust stability for uncertain linear systems with interval time-varying delay,” Automatica, Vol.42, No.6, pp. 1059-1065, 2006.
-  Y. Ji, X. Ma, L. Wang, and Y. Xing, “Novel stability criterion for linear system with two additive time-varying delays using general integral inequalities,” AIMS Math., Vol.6, No.8, pp. 8667-8680, 2021.
-  S. Manikandan and P. Kokil, “Stability analysis of network-controlled generator excitation system with interval time-varying delays,” Automatika, Vol.62, No.1, pp. 65-75, 2021.
-  F. Viadero-Monasterio, B. L. Boada, M. Boada, and V. Díaz, “H∞ dynamic output feedback control for a networked control active suspension system under actuator faults,” Mech. Syst. Sig. Process., Vol.162, Article No.108050, 2022.
-  X.-M. Zhang, Q.-L. Han, and D. Han, “Effects of small time-delays on dynamic output feedback control of offshore steel jacket structures,” J. Sound Vib., Vol.330, No.16, pp. 3883-3900, 2011.
-  D. Zhang, Y. Yang, X. Jia, and Q.-L. Han, “Investigating the positive effects of packet dropouts on network-based H∞ control for a class of linear systems,” J. Franklin Inst., Vol.353, No.14, pp. 3343-3367, 2016.
-  H. Sun, J. Sun, and J. Chen, “Analysis and synthesis of networked control systems with random network-induced delays and sampling intervals,” Automatica, Vol.125, Article No.109385, 2021.
-  C. Tan, H. Zhang, W. S. Wong, and Z. Zhang, “Feedback stabilization of uncertain networked control systems over delayed and fading channels,” IEEE Trans. Control Network Sys., Vol.8, No.1, pp. 260-268, 2021.
-  Y. Deng, X. Yin, and S. Hu, “Event-triggered predictive control for networked control systems with DoS attacks,” Inf. Sci., Vol.542, pp. 71-91, 2021.
-  K. Zhang, T. Zhao, and S. Dian, “Dynamic output feedback control for nonlinear networked control systems with a two-terminal event-triggered mechanism,” Nonlinear Dyn., Vol.100, pp. 2537-2555, 2020.
-  Z.-H. Pang, W.-C. Luo, G.-P. Liu, and Q.-L. Han, “Observer-based incremental predictive control of networked multi-agent systems with random delays and packet dropouts,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II: Express Briefs, Vol.68, No.1, pp. 426-430, 2021.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.