Improvement of Fuzzy Graph Drawing Using Partition Tree
Yasunori Shiono*, Toshihiro Yoshizumi**, and Kensei Tsuchida***
*Organization for Information Strategy and Promotion, Yokohama National University
79-1 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya, Yokohama, Kanagawa 240-8501, Japan
**Faculty of Management and Economics, Kaetsu University
2-8-4 Minami-cho, Hanakoganei, Kodaira, Tokyo 187-8578, Japan
***Faculty of Information Sciences and Arts, Toyo University
2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-8585, Japan
Obtaining useful information from ambiguous information is a necessity in various fields. Ambiguous information can be handled quantitatively by using fuzzy theory, and representing it in an easy-to-understand manner is critical. One solution is to visualize an ambiguous relationship by using fuzzy graph representation, which has the essential characteristic of expressing variable relationships in between its nodes. We previously proposed an algorithm to draw intelligible and comprehensive fuzzy graphs. This study describes an improved drawing method for that graph drawing algorithm. As a result, highly related nodes were arranged closer to one another, and the display area was reduced. This method can be used as an effective means of expressing the results of ambiguous information analysis.
-  K. Sugiyama, “Automatic Drawing Method of Graph and its application,” Corona Publishing Co., Ltd., 1993 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sugiyama, “Graph drawing and applications for software and knowledge engineers,” World Scientific Co., Pte. Ltd., 2002.
-  Y. Shiono, T. Kirishima, Y. Ueda, and K. Tsuchida, “Drawing Algorithm for Fuzzy Graphs Using the Partition Tree,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.16, No.5, pp. 641-652, doi: 10.20965/jaciii.2012.p0641. 2012.
-  S. Miyamoto, “Introduction to Cluster Analysis: Theory and Applications of Fuzzy Clustering,” Morikita-Shuppan, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  K. Shinkai, “Fuzzy Cluster Analysis and its Evaluation Method,” Int. J. of Biomedical Soft Computing and Human Sciences, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 3-9, 2008.
-  H. Uesu, “Structure Analysis of Fuzzy Node Fuzzy Graph and its Application,” Int. J. of Biomedical Soft Computing and Human Sciences, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 41-49, 2006.
-  T. Yoshizumi, T. Sumida, Y. Shiono, M. Namekawa, and K. Tsuchida, “Analysis indices of human relationships based on fuzzy model,” Int. J. of Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 183-193, 2019.
-  T. Yoshizumi, T. Sumida, Y. Shiono, M. Namekawa, and K. Tsuchida, “Advanced Analysis Method for Human Relationship Based on Fuzzy Theory,” J. of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 637-643, 2017.
-  M. G. H. Omran, A. P. Engelbrecht, and A. Salman, “An Overview of Clustering Methods,” Intelligent Data Analysis, Vol.11, No.6, pp. 583-605, 2007.
-  S. E. Schaeffer, “Graph Clustering,” Computer Science Review, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 27-64, 2007.
-  K. Misue, “Anchored Map: Graph Drawing Technique to Support Network Mining,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E91-D, No.11, pp. 2599-2606, 2008.
-  A. Bojchevski and S. Günnemann, “Bayesian Robust Attributed Graph Clustering: Joint Learning of Partial Anomalies and Group Structure,” Proc. of the 32nd AAAI Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2018), pp. 2738-2745, 2018.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.