HEVC Video Encryption Algorithm Based on Integer Dynamic Coupling Tent Mapping
Bo Liu*,**, Jiandong Liu*,, Shuhong Wang*, Ming Zhong*, Bo Li*, and Yujie Liu*
*College of Information Engineering, Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
No.19 Qingyuan North Street, Huangcun Town, Daxing District, Beijing 102617, China
**College of Information Science and Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology
No.15 Beisanhuan East Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, China
A selective encryption algorithm is proposed to improve the efficiency of high efficiency video coding (HEVC) video encryption and ensure the security of HEVC videos. The algorithm adopts the integer dynamic coupling tent mapping optimization model as the pseudo-random sequence generator, and multi-core parallelization is used as the sequence generation mechanism. The binstrings during the process of context adaptive binary arithmetic coding are selected for encryption, which conforms to the features of invariable binstream and compatible format in terms of video encryption. Performance tests for six types of standard videos with different resolutions were performed. The results indicated that the encryption algorithm has a large key space and benefits from a high encryption effect.
-  G. V. Wallendael, A. Boho, J. D. Cock et al., “Encryption for high efficiency video coding with video adaptation capabilities,” IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 634-642, 2013.
-  Z. Shahid and W. Puech, “Visual Protection of HEVC Video by Selective Encryption of CABAC Binstrings,” IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 24-36, 2014.
-  A. I. Sallam, O. S. Faragallah, and E.-S. M. El-Rabaie, “HEVC Selective Encryption Using RC6 Block Cipher Technique,” IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, Vol.20, No.7, pp. 1636-1644, 2017.
-  A. I. Sallam, E.-S. M. El-Rabaie, and O. S. Faragallah, “CABAC-based selective encryption for HEVC using RC6 in different operation modes,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.77, No.3, pp. 28395-28416, 2018.
-  A. I. Sallam, E.-S. M. El-Rabaie, and O. S. Faragallah, “Efficient HEVC selective stream encryption using chaotic logistic map,” Multimedia Systems, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 419-437, 2018.
-  W. Hamidouche, M. Farajallah, N. Sidaty et al., “Real-time selective video encryption based on the chaos system in scalable HEVC extension,” Signal Processing: Image Communication, Vol.58, pp. 73-86, 2017.
-  B. Liu, J. Liu, F. Chen et al., “The integer dynamic coupling tent mapping optimization design and performance analysis,” Computer Engineering and Application, Vol.54, No.21, pp. 168-174, 2018 (in Chinese).
-  M. S. Al-Bahri, K. Gupta, A. J. AlShebani et al., “AES Parallel Implementation on a Homogeneous Multi-Core Microcontroller,” 2018 Int. Conf. on Current Trends Towards Converging Technologies (ICCTCT), pp. 1-8, 2018.
-  M. Hamdi, R. Rhouma, and S. Belghith, “A Selective Compression-Encryption of Images Based on SPIHT Coding and Chirikov Standard MAP,” Signal Processing, Vol.131, pp. 514-526, 2017.
-  F. K. Tabash, M. Izharuddin, and M. I. Tabash, “Encryption techniques for H. 264/AVC videos: A literature review,” J. of Information Security and Applications, Vol.45, pp. 20-34, 2019.
-  J. Li, C. Wang, X. Chen et al., “A selective encryption scheme of CABAC based on video context in high efficiency video coding,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.77, No.9, pp. 12837-12851, 2018.
-  M. A. Saleh, N. M. Tahir, and H. Hashim, “Lightweight encryption for high efficiency video coding (HEVC),” J. Teknologi, Vol.79, No.6, pp. 193-203, 2017.
-  F. Peng, X. Gong, M. Long et al., “A selective encryption scheme for protecting H. 264/AVC video in multimedia social network,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.76, No.3, pp. 3235-3253, 2017.
-  V. A. Memos and K. E. Psannis, “Encryption algorithm for efficient transmission of HEVC media,” J. of Real-Time Image Processing, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 473-482, 2016.
-  X. Zhang, Z. Zhou, and Y. Niu, “An image encryption method based on the Feistel network and dynamic DNA encoding,” IEEE Photonics J., Vol.10, No.4, pp. 1-15, 2018.
-  J. Ahmad and F. Ahmed, “Efficiency analysis and security evaluation of image encryption schemes,” Int. J. of Video & Image Processing & Network Security, Vol.12 No.4, p. 18, 2012.
-  A. Kaur, L. Kaur, and S. Gupta, “Image recognition using coefficient of correlation and structural similarity index in uncontrolled environment,” Int. J. of Computer Applications, Vol.59, No.5, pp. 32-39, 2012.
-  H. E. H. Ahmed, H. M. Kalash, and O. S. F. Allah, “Encryption efficiency analysis and security evaluation of RC6 block cipher for digital images,” 2007 Int. Conf. on Electrical Engineering, pp. 1-7, 2007.
-  N. Taneja, B. Raman, and I. Gupta, “Selective image encryption in fractional wavelet domain,” AEU – Int. J. of Electronics and Communications, Vol.65, No.4, pp. 338-344, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.