Fuzzy Logic Implementation for Power Efficiency, Reliable Irrigation, and Temperature Control of Smart Farm
Francisco B. Culibrina and Elmer P. Dadios
De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue, Manila 0922, Philippines
This paper presents fuzzy logic algorithm for Power Efficiency, Reliable Irrigation, and Temperature Control (PERITC) of Smart Farm. The desired motor speed for pump irrigation and required temperature inside the plant chamber is obtained using fuzzy logic system. The fuzzy logic inputs are data from the water reservoir, plant water requirements, power optimization control, inside temperature, and outside temperature of the plant chamber. The results of this study show that the controller using fuzzy algorithm are reliable, efficient and robust.
-  L. Doman, “EIA projects 28% increase in World Energy use by 2040,” U.S. Energy Information Administration, 2017.
-  R. Gray, “The biggest energy challenges facing the humanity,” Future Now, 2017.
-  N. Long and K. Steinberger, “Renewable Energy is the Key to Climate Change,” Natural Resources and Defense Council, 2016.
-  K. Breene, “Food security and why it matters,” Word Economic Forum, 2016.
-  L. L. Sering, “Filipinos, how are you adapting the climate change?,” East Asia and the Pacific on Rise, making development work for all, 2013.
-  S. Migdal, P. Klug, A. Denis, and H. Bach, “The Addiotional value of hyperpecstral data for smart farming,” 2012 IEEE Int. Geoscience and Romote Sensing Symp., pp. 7329-7332, 2012.
-  P. R. A. Lesaca, www.businessdiary.com.ph [accessed September 15, 2018]
-  F. B. Culibrina and Elmer P. Dadios, “Smart Farm Using Wireless Sensor Network for Data Aquisition and Power Control Distribution,” 8th IEEE Int. Conf. on HNICEM, 2015.
-  C. Emilio et al., “IPE: Model for Management and Control of Furrow Irrigation Real Time,” J. of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, pp. 264-269, 1997.
-  K. L. Khatri and R. J. Smith, “Real Time Prediction of Soil Infiltration Characteristics for the Management of Furrow Irrigation,” Irrigation Science, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 33-46, 2006.
-  H. Turral, “Sensor Placement for Real Time Control of Automated Border Irrigation,” Proc. Conf. on Engineering in Agriculture and Food Processing, p. SEAg 96/036, 1996.
-  P. M. Patil and S. L. Kurkute, “Speed Control of Three Phase induction motor Using single phase supply along with active power factor correction,” ACSE J., Vol.6, No.3, 2006.
-  F. J. Borgum and E. B. G. Nijhof, “Inverter Circuit for a PWM Motor Speed Control System,” Electronics Component and Application, Vol.2, No.3, p. 130, 1980.
-  N. B. Yousuf et al., “Development of Three Phase Induction Motor Controller for Solar Powered Water Pump,” Development in Renewable Energy Technology (ICDRET), pp. 1-5, 2012.
-  K. H. Davis, “How much water does a tomato really need?,” 2016.
-  VeggieGarndener, www.veggiegardener.com [accessed September 15, 2018]
-  Irrigation tutorials, www.irrigationtutorials.com [accessed September 15, 2018]
-  J. W. Stryker, “Drip Irrigation Design Guidelines,” Irrigation Tutorial, 1997.
-  Electrical Engineering, electrical-engineering portal, www.eletrical-engineering-portal.com [accessed September 15, 2018]
-  Engineeringtoolbox, www.engineeringtoolbox.com [accessed September 15, 2018]
-  A. Grant, “Tomato temperature tolerance: Best growing temperature for tomatoes,” Gardening Know How, 2018.
-  P. Lesaca and A. Raymund, “There is Gold in Tomatoes,” Agri Business, 2015.