A Design of Observers of Control State and Uncertainty via Transformation of T-S Fuzzy Models
Hugang Han*, Yuki Sueyama*, and Chun-Jun Chen**
*Department of Management and Information Systems, Prefectural University of Hiroshima
1-1-71 Ujina-Higashi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8558, Japan
**Mechanical Engineering College, Southwest Jiaotong University
No.111, North Section 1, Erhuan Road Chengdu, Sichuan 610031, China
When employing the widely used T-S fuzzy model as a model to represent a system concerned with controller designs, it is necessary to consider the precision of the model from the point of view of control performance. Adding a term called uncertainty in the T-S fuzzy model to compensate for the difference between the concerned system and its T-S fuzzy model, this paper focuses on a design of observers for both the control state and uncertainty. Unlike a state observer in the traditional sense, which is usually designed as a whole, the state is divided into two parts by performing a unique matrix transformation; and two observers from the two divided parts of the state are designed separately in order to eliminate the influence of the uncertainty. Finally, an observer of the aforementioned uncertainty based on one of the state observers is suggested.
-  T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern., Vol.15, pp. 116-132, 1985.
-  H. Han, “H∞ Approach to T-S Fuzzy Controller for Limiting Reconstruction Errors,” Int. J. of Systems Science, Vol.45, Issue 3, pp. 399-406, 2014.
-  C. Lin, Q. G. Wang, and T. H. Lee, “H∞ Output Tracking Control for Nonlinear Systems via T-S Fuzzy Model Approach,” IEEE Trans. Sys. Man Cybern. B Cybern., Vol.36, No.2, pp. 450-457, 2006.
-  C.-S. Tseng, B.-S. Chen, and H.-J. Uang, “Fuzzy Tracking Control Design for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems via T-S Fuzzy Model,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 381-392, 2001.
-  H. Han, C.-Y. Su, and Y. Stepanenko, “Adaptive Control of a Class of Nonlinear Systems with Nonlinearly Parameterized Fuzzy Approximators,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No. 2, pp. 315-323, 2001.
-  Y.-J. Liu, Y. Gao, S. Tong, and Y. Li, “Fuzzy Approximation-Based Adaptive Backstepping Optimal Control for a Class of Nonlinear Discrete-Time Systems with Dead-Zone,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.24, Issue 1, pp. 16-28, 2016.
-  Z. Tian, S. Li, and Y. Wang, “T-S Fuzzy Neural Network Predictive Control for Burning Zone Temperature in Rotary Kiln with Improved Hierarchical Genetic Algorithm,” Int. J. of Modelling, Identification and Control, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 323-334, 2016.
-  L.-X. Wang and J. M. Mendel, “Fuzzy Basis Functions, Universal Approximation, and Orthogonal Least-Squares Learning,” IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.3, pp. 807-813, 1992.
-  H. K. Khalil, “Nonlinear Systems,” Prentice Hall, 2002.
-  Z. Tian, X. Gao, and P. Guo, “T-S Fuzzy Neural Network Predictive Control for Burning Zone Temperature in Rotary Kiln with Improved Hierarchical Genetic Algorithm,” J. of Adv. Comp. Intell. and Intel. Inform., Vol.20, No.5, pp. 828-835, 2016.
-  M. Hou and P. C. Muller, “Design of Observer for Linear Systems with Unknown Inputs,” IEEE Trans. Automa. Contr., Vol.37, No.6, pp. 871-875, 1992.
-  K. Kalsi, J. Lian, S. Hui, and S. H. Zak, “Slide-Mode Observer for Systems With Unknown Inputs: a High-Gain Approach,” Automatica, Vol.46, pp. 347-353, 2010.
-  G. Liu, Y.-Y. Cao, and X.-H. Chang, “Fault Detection Observer Design for Fuzzy Systems with Local Nonlinear Models via Fuzzy Lyapunov Function,” Int. J. of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol.15, Issue 5, pp. 2233-2242, 2017.
-  D. Soffker and P.C. Muller, “Detection of Cracks in Turbo Rotors – a New Observer Based Method,” ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.3, pp. 518-524, 1993.
-  J. Yang, S. Li, and X. Yu, “Sliding-Mode Control for Systems with Mismatched Uncertainties via a Disturbance Observer,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 160-169, 2013.
-  D. Wu and H. Han, “Design of T-S Fuzzy Controller with Disturbance Observer,” Vol.11, No.2, pp. 198-205, 2016.
-  K. Tanaka and H. O. Wang, “Fuzzy Control System Design and Analysis – A Linear Matrix Inequality Approach,” Wiley, New York, 2001.