Characteristic Analysis of Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm with Network-Structure
Shunta Imamura*,†, Toshiya Kaihara*, Nobutada Fujii*, Daisuke Kokuryo*, and Akira Kitamura**
*Graduate School of System Informatics, Kobe University
1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada, Kobe, 657-8501 Hyogo, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Tottori University
Koyama, Tottori 680-8552, Japan
The artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm, which is inspired by the foraging behavior of honey bees, is one of the swarm intelligence systems. This algorithm can provide an efficient exploration of the optimal solutions using three different types of agents for optimization problems with multimodal functions. However, the performance of the conventional ABC algorithm decreases for high-dimensional problems. In this study, we propose an improved algorithm using the network structure of agents to enhance the ability for global search. The efficacy of the proposed algorithm is evaluated by performing computer experiments with high-dimensional benchmark functions.
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning,” Vol.1, No.372, Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc., 1989.
-  R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution - a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” J. of Global Optimization, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 341-359, 1997.
-  M. Dorigo and T. Stützle, “Ant Colony Optimization,” Vol.1, No.319, MIT Press, 2004.
-  J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks 1995, Vol.4, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.
-  D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “On the performance of artifical bee colony algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing, Vol.8, pp. 687-697, 2007.
-  A. Utani, J. Nagashima, R. Gocho, and H. Yamamoto, “Advanced Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm for Large-Scale Optimization Problems,” IEICE, Vol.94, No.2, pp. 425-438, 2010.
-  T. Kaihara, N. Fuji, D. Kokuryo, and S. Imamura, “Characteristic analysis of information propagation in Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm introducing Network-Structure,” SCI’16, pp. 323-1, 2016.
-  G. Zhua and S. Kwong, “Gbest-guided artificial bee colony algorithm for numerical function optimization,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.217, No.7, pp. 3166-3173, 2010.
-  T. Kagawa, A. Utani, and H. Yamamoto,“A New Differential Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Large Scale Optimization Problems,” IEICE, Vol.95, No.6, pp. 514-518, 2012.
-  H. Matsushita, Y. Nishio, and C. K. Tse, “Network-Structured Particle Swarm Optimizer That Considers Neighborhood Distances and Behaviors,” RISP J. of Signal Processing, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 291-302, 2014.
-  J. J. Liang, P. N. Suganthan, and K. Deb, “Novel composition test functions for numerical global optimization,” Proc. 2005 IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symp. 2005 (SIS 2005), Vol.1, No.7, pp. 68-75, 2005.