Experimental Study on Physical Burden of Transfer Assistance for Excretion – Comparison Between Transfer-Type Wheelchair and Ordinary Wheelchair –
Emi Ozawa*1,*2,†, Manabu Chikai*2, Hiroshi Kobayashi*3, Hiroshi Miyazawa*3, Nozomi Koizumi*3, Takashi Miyajima*4, Akihiko Kitano*4, and Shuichi Ino*2
*1Showa-Inan General Hospital
3230 Akaho, Komagane, Nagano 399-4117, Japan
*2National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Central 6, 1-1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
*3Idea Life Care Co., Ltd.
4-1-2 Okaya, Nagano 394-0004, Japan
*4Nagano Prefecture General Industrial Technology Center
1-7-7 Matsumoto, Nomizonishi, Nagano 399-0066, Japan
-  Y. Suzuki and J. Ohnishi, “Evaluation of Patient’s Risk of Falling in Acute Care,” Geriatric Medicine, Vol.47, No.6, pp. 711-715, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  I. Miyano and M. Nishinaga, “Fall Prevention Method in Chronic Care Using Assessment Sheet,” Geriatric Medicine, Vol.47, No.6, pp. 717-720, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hiramatsu, K. Izumi, and M. Shogenji, “Prevention of Falls in the Institutionalized Elderly: Fall Related to Excretion and Fall Person’s Characteristics,” J. of Japan Academy of Gerontological Nursing, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 47-52, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  METI and MHLW, “Robotic Devices for Nursing Care Project, http://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2012/1122_05.html, [Accessed May 31, 2016].
-  R. Nozawa and S. Yamamoto, “The Relationship of Lower Limb and Trunk Movements in Sit-to-Stand Performed by the Young and Elderly,” Rigakuryoho Kagaku, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 31-35, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  H. Fujimoto, T. Kiduka, Y. Yokoji, T. Yokoi, and H. Ito, “The Motion Analysis of Standing Up and Sitting Down Under Assistance by a Physical Therapist,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C, Vol.66, No.650, pp. 128-134, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  S. Kojima and H. Takeda, “Sit-to-Stand Movement in Elderly Adults,” Rigakuryoho Kagaku, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 85-88, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  K. Maruta, “The Influence of Seat Angle on Forward Trunk Inclination During Sit-to-Stand,” Physical Therapy Japan, Vol.31, No.1, pp. 21-28, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Chikai, E. Ozawa, K. Doi, S. Shimada, C. Wada, and S. Ino, “Measurement of the Head Movement during Sit-to-stand Motion on Toilet Seat,” IEICE Technical Report, Well-being Information Technology, Vol.115, No.354, pp. 53-57, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Tsuruga, S. Ino, T. Ifukube, M. Sato, T. Tanaka, T. Izumi, and M. Muro, “A basic study for a robotic transfer aid system based on human motion analysis,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 579-595, 2001.
-  S. Ino, M. Sato, M. Hosono, and T. Izumi, “Development of a soft metal hydride actuator using a laminate bellows for rehabilitation systems,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol.136, Issue 1, pp. 86-91, 2009.
-  Y. Yamada, O. Matsumoto, K. Homma, E. Ono, L. Suwoong, M. Horimoto, T. Suzuki, N. Kanehira, and T. Suzuki, “Development of Toilet-assist,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.26, No.8, pp. 883-884, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  N. Motegi, S. Yasuda, and T. Misawa, “Experimental Study of Assistant Aids and a New Nursing Method in Nursing Care Work,” The J. of Science of Labour, Vol.88, No.3, pp. 81-93, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  N. Yamazaki, S. Yamamoto, and T. Inoue, “Measurement of Transferring Motions and Evaluation of Caregiver’s Lower-back Load,” Biomechanisms, Vol.16, pp. 195-205, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  T. Inoue and N. Yamazaki, “Physical Burden of Medical Staff during Transfer Assistance with Transfer Tool,” J. of the Society of Biomechanisms, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 123-129, 2001 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.