Dynamical Model of Walking Transition Considering Nonlinear Friction with Floor
Xiang Li, Hiroki Imanishi, Mamoru Minami, Takayuki Matsuno, and Akira Yanou
Graduate School of Nature Science and Technology, Okayama University
3-1-1 Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
Biped locomotion created by a controller based on Zero-Moment Point (ZMP) known as reliable control method looks different from human’s walking on the view point that ZMP-based walking does not include falling state, and it’s like monkey walking because of knee-bended walking profiles. However, the walking control that does not depend on ZMP is vulnerable to turnover. Therefore, keeping the event-driven walking of dynamical motion stable is important issue for realization of human-like natural walking. In this research, a walking model of humanoid robot including slipping, bumping, surface-contacting and line-contacting of foot is discussed, and its dynamical equation is derived by the Extended NE method. In this paper we introduce the humanoid model which including the slipping foot and verify the model.
-  S. Kajita, M. Morisawa, K, Miura, S. Nakaoka, K. Harada, K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, and K. Yokoi, “Biped Walking Stabilization Based on Linear Inverted Pendulum Tracking,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4489-4496, 2010.
-  H. Dau, C. Chew, and A. Poo, “Proposal of Augmented Linear Inverted Pendulum Model for Bipedal Gait Planning,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 172-177, 2010.
-  J. H. Park and K. D. Kim, “Biped walking robot using gravity-compensated inverted pendulum mode and computed torque control,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp. 3528-3593, 1998.
-  P. B. Wieber, “Trajectory free linear model predictive control for stable walking in the presence of strong perturbations,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robotics, 2006.
-  P. B. Wieber, “Viability and predictive control for safe locomotion,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2008.
-  A. Herdt, N. Perrin, and P. B. Wieber, “Walking without thinking about it,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 190-195, 2010.
-  Y. Huang, B. Chen, Q. Wang, K. Wei, and L. Wang, “Energetic efficiency and stability of dynamic bipedal walking gaits with different step lengths,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4077-4082, 2010.
-  M. Sobotka and M. Buss, “A Hybrid Mechatronic Tiliting Robot: Modeling, Trajectories, and Control,” Proc. of the 16th IFAC World Congress, 2005.
-  T. Wu, T. Yeh, and B. Hsu, “Trajectory Planning of a One-Legged Robot Performing Stable Hop,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4922-4927, 2010.
-  Y. Nakamura and K. Yamane, “Dynamics of Kinematic Chains with Discontinuous Changes of Constraints—Application to Human Figures that Move in Contact with the Environments—,” J. of RSJ, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 435-443, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  J. Nishiguchi, M. Minami, and A. Yanou, “Iterative calculation method for constraint motion by extended Newton-Euler method and application for forward dynamics,” Trans. of the JSME, Vol.80, No.815, 2014.
-  R. Featherstone and D. Orin, “Robot Dynamics: Equations and Algorithms,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 826-834, 2000.
-  H. Hemami and B. F. Wyman, “Modeling and Control of Constrained Dynamic Systems with Application to Biped Locomotion in the Frontal Plane,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, AC-24-4, pp. 526-535, 1979.
-  T. Feng, J. Nishiguchi, X. Li, M. Minami, A. Yanou, and T. Matsuno, “Dynamical Analyses of Humanoid’s Walking by using Extended Newton-Euler Method,” 20st Int. Symp. on Artificial Life and Robotics (AROB 20st), 2015.
-  Y. Kobayashi, M. Minami, A. Yanou, and T. Maeba, “Dynamic Reconfiguration Manipulability Analyses of Humanoid Bipedal Walking,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 4764-4769, 2013.
-  T. Aoyama, Y. Hasegawa, K. Sekiyama and T. Fukuda, “Stabilizing and Direction Control of Efficient 3-D Biped Walking Based on PDAC,” 2009 IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, pp. 712-718, 2009.
-  T. Sugihara and Y. Nakamura, “Whole-body Cooperative COG Control through ZMP Manipulation for Humanoid Robots,” Proc. of the 2nd Int. Symp. on Adaptive Motion of Animals and Machines, SaP-III-4, 2003.
-  C. Chevallereau, J. W. Grizzle, and C.-L. Shih, “Asymptotically Stable Walking of a Five-Link Underactuated 3-D Bipedal Robot,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, No.1, February 2009.
-  Y. Ueda and M. Henmi, “An experimental and analytical study on Stick-Slip motions,” Technical Report of lEICE, CAS Vol.96, pp. 41-48, 1996.
-  L. R. Tokashiki, T. Fujita, and T. Kagawa, “Stick-Slip Motion in Pneumatic Cylinders Driven by Meter-out Circuit 1st Report, Friction Characteristics and Stick-Slip Motion ,” Trans. of The Japan Hydraulics & Pneumatics Society, Vol.30, No.4, pp. 110-117, 1999.
-  K. Nakano, “A Guideline of Machinary Design for Preventing Stick-Slip,” Nippon Gomu Kyokaishi, Vol.80, No.4, pp. 134-139, 2007.
-  M. Kouchi, M. Mochimaru, H. Iwasawa, and S. Mitani, “Anthropometric database for Japanese Population 1997–98,” Japanese Industrial Standards Center (AIST, MITI), 2000.
-  T. Maeba, M. Minami, A. Yanou, and J. Nishiguchi, “Dynamical Analyses of Humanoid’s Walking by Visual Lifting Stabilization Based on Event-driven State Transition,” 2012 IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics Proc., pp. 7-14, 2012.