A Study of Influence upon Inflation Posed by Volatility of Housing Price
Jun Pi*, Yu Song**, Shenggang Yang*, and Fang Ju***
*College of Finance and Statistics, Hunan University
South Gate of Lushan Road, Yue Lu District, Changsha City, Hunan Province, China
**Fukuoka Institute of Technology
3-30-1 Wajiro-higashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 811-0295, Japan
***Business School of Xiangtan University
Yu Hu District, Xiangtan City, Hunan Province, China
-  F. Smets, “Financial Asset Prices and Monetary Policy: Theory and Evidence,” BIS Working Papers, No.47, pp. 1-28, 1997.
-  C. Kent and P. Lowe, “Asset-Price Bubbles and Monetary Policy,” Reserve Bank of Australia, Research Discussion Paper, 9709, pp. 1-26, 1997.
-  A. J. Filardo, “Should monetary policy respond to asset price bubbles? Some experimental results,” Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Working Paper, 01-04, 2001.
-  Z. Xu, X. Zhang, and C. Zhou “Housing Price, Inflation and Monetary Policy; An Empirical Study Based on Chinese Data,” J. of Financial Research, No.6, pp. 1-12, 2012 (in Chinese).
-  A. Greenspan and J. Kennedy, “Estimates of Home Mortgage Originations, Repayments, and Debt On One-to-Four-Family Residences,” Federal Reserve Board, Finance and Economics Discussion Series, No.5, pp. 22-36, 2005.
-  F. S. Mishkin, “Housing and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism,” NBER Working Papers, 8, pp. 14-26, 2007.
-  R. Cardarelli et al., “The Changing Housing Cycle and the Implications for Monetary Policy, Housing and the Business Cycle,” World Economic Outlook, Washington D.C., 7, pp. 31-40, 2008.
-  Y. Yu, “The Impact of Asset Prices on Chinese Economy-Empirical Research Based on Stock Price and House Price,” Southwest University of Finance and Economics Publishing House, 2008 (in Chinese).
-  Y. Huang, X. Wang, and X. Hua, “Determinants of China’s Inflation,” J. of Financial Research, Vol.6, pp. 46-59, 2010 (in Chinese).
-  J. Lu and J. Liang, “Construction of China’s Financial Conditions Index,” The J. of World Economy, Vol.8, pp. 84-95, 2007 (in Chinese).
-  Z. Duan, “Relationship Between Housing Price, Inflation and Output – Theoretical Analysis and Empirical Verification Based on Chinese Statistics,” The J. of Quantitative & Technical Economics, Vol.24, No.12, pp. 127-139, 2008 (in Chinese).
-  Y. Zhao and Y. Wang, “Will Housing Price be an Indicator for Inflation Expectation? – Experience and Proof Between the Year 1996 to 2010 in China,” On Economic Problems, Vol.1, pp. 18-22, 2011 (in Chinese).
-  J. B. Madsen, “Inflation and investment,” Scottish J. of Political Economy, Vol.50, No.4, pp. 375-397, 2003.
-  Z. Onder, “High inflation and returns on residential real estate: evidence from Turkey,” Applied Economics, Vol.32, No.7, pp. 917-931, 2000.
-  H. Zhang and F. Yang, “A Study on Interactive Relationship Between Housing Price, Real Estate Development Investment and Inflation,” On Economic Problems, Vol.1, pp. 49-52, 2013 (in Chinese).
-  F. Ju and J. Pi, “Empirical Study on Influence upon Inflation Posed by Volatility of Housing Price,” Seeker, Vol.4, No.009, pp. 27-29, 2013 (in Chinese).
-  G. D. Jud and D. T. Winkler, “The Q theory of housing investment,” The J. of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 379-392, 2003.
-  A. W. Hoffmaister and G. J. Schinasi, “Asset Prices, Financial Liberalization, and Inflation in Japan,” Occasional Paper-International Monetary Fund, pp. 63-63, 1995.
-  National Bureau of Statistics, China Statistical Yearbook, Beijing, China Statistics Press, 2014.
-  China Society for Finance and Banking, Almanac of China’s Finance and Banking, China Finance Publishing House, 2014.
-  China Economic Monitoring & Analysis Center, National Bureau of Statistics of China, China Economic Report, Beijing, China Statistics Press, 2014.
-  C. A. Sims, “Macroeconomics and Reality,” Econometrica, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 1-48, 1980.
-  H. Akaike, “Information theory and an extension of the maximum likelihood principle,” 2nd Int. Symp. on Information Theory, 1973.
-  G. Schwarz, “Estimating the dimension of a model,” Annals of Statistics, Vol.6, pp. 461-464, 1978.
-  C. W. J. Granger, “Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods,” Econometrica, Vol.37, pp. 424-438, 1969.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.