Third-Party Broker-Based Resource Management in Mobile Computing
Yong-Hua Xiong*1,*2, Lei Li*3, Ke-Yuan Jiang*2, and Hong Yu*4
*1School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
*2Department of Computer Information Technology & Graphics, Purdue University Calumet
Hammond 46323, USA
*3School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Yuelu Mountain, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
*4School of Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Yujiashan, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
-  S. Z. Huang, M. Wu, and Y. H. Xiong, “Mobile Transparent Computing to Enable Ubiquitous Operating Systems and Applications,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.18, No.1, pp. 32-39, 2014.
-  W. Liang, Y. H. Xiong, and M. Wu, “A Cross Platform Computing Method and Its Application for Mobile Device in Transparent Computing,” Proc. of 10th Int. Conf. on High Performance Computing and Communications & 2013 IEEE Int. Conf. on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (HPCC_EUC), pp. 1838-1845, 2013.
-  Y. H. Xiong, S. Z. Huang, M. Wu, et al., “A Novel Resource Management Method of Providing Operating System as a Service for Mobile Transparent Computing,” The Scientific World J., Vol.2014, Article ID 153847, 12 pages, 2014.
-  E. Cuervo, A. Balasubramanian, D. Cho, et al., “MAUI: making smartphones last longer with code offload,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services, pp. 49-62, 2010.
-  I. Kelnyi and J. K. Nurminen, “Bursty content sharing mechanism for energy-limited mobile devices,” Proc. of the 4th ACM Workshop on Performance Monitoring and Measurement of Heterogeneous Wireless and Wired Networks, pp. 216-223, 2009.
-  I. Giurgiu, O. Riva, D. Juric, et al., “Calling the cloud: enabling mobile phones as interfaces to cloud applications,” Proc. of Middleware 2009, pp. 83-102, 2009.
-  B. G. Chun and P. Maniatis, “Dynamically partitioning applications between weak devices and clouds,” Proc. of the 1st ACM Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing & Services: Social Networks and Beyond, pp. 7, 2010.
-  F. Siegemund, C. Floerkemeier, and H. Vogt, “The value of handhelds in smart environments,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 69-80, 2005.
-  A. M. Bernardos, J. R. Casar, J. Cano, et al., “Enhancing interaction with smart objects through mobile devices,” Proc. of the 9th ACM Int. Symp. on Mobility Management and Wireless Access, pp. 199-202, 2011.
-  J. Van Der Merwe, A. Gerber, v. Ramakrishnan,“Methods and apparatus to communicatively couple virtual private networks to virtual machines within distributive computing networks,” U.S. Patent, No.8, 705,513[P], 2014-4-22.
-  W. Fang, X. Liang, S. Li, et al., “VMPlanner: Optimizing virtual machine placement and traffic flow routing to reduce network power costs in cloud data centers,” Proc. of Computer Networks, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 179-196, 2013.
-  S. Eken, F. Kaya, Z. Ilhan, et al., “Analyzing distributed file synchronization techniques for educational data,” Proc. of 2013 Int. Conf. on Electronics Computer and Computation (ICECCO), pp. 318-321, 2013.
-  G. Jung, N. Gnanasambandam, T. Mukherjee, “Synchronous parallel processing of big-data analytics services to optimize performance in federated clouds,” Proc. of 2012 IEEE 5th Int. Conf. on Cloud Computing (CLOUD), pp. 811-818, 2012.
-  H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, “An intelligent broker for context-aware systems,” Adjunct proceedings of Ubicomp, Vol.3, pp. 183-184, 2003.
-  P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, R. Montanari, et al., “Context-aware middleware for resource management in the wireless internet,” IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering, Vol.29, No.12, pp. 1086-1099, 2003.
-  H. Khandan and K. Ono, “Knowledge request-broker architecture: A possible foundation for a resource-constrained dynamic and autonomous global system,” Proc. of 2014 IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), pp. 506-507, 2014.
-  W. Kim and C. H. Youn, “A Policy-Based Application Service Management in Mobile Cloud Broker,” Proc. of Cloud Computing, Vol.142, pp. 18-28, 2014.
-  S. H. Kim, D. K. Kang, Y. Ren, et al., “An Experimental Cloud Resource Broker System for Virtual Application Control with VM Allocation Scheme,” Proc. of 7th Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Information Technologies & Applications (CUTE), pp. 1-8, 2012.
-  A. M. Dominguez, T. Robles, R. Alcarria, et al., “A Rendezvous Mobile Broker for Pub/Sub Networks,” Proc. of Green Communication and Networking, Vol.113, pp. 16-27, 2013.
-  J. Huang, H. Fang, J. Chen, et al., “A Survey of Recent Progress in the Study of Distributed High-Order Linear Multi-Agent Coordination,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.18, No.1, pp. 83-92, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.