Projector Camera System Presenting Color Information for the Color Vision Deficient
Daiki Kawakami*1, Kaito Makino*2, Yuichi Kobayashi*3, Toru Kaneko*4, Atsushi Yamashita*4, and Hajime Asama*4
*1Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
5-1-14 Yadaminami, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 457-0048, Japan
35-1, Shimono Ichiba, Chigiri-cho, Toyokawa, Aichi, Japan
3-5-1 Johoku, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 432-8561, Japan
*4Department of Precision Engineering, The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  K. Wakita and K. Shimamura, “SmartColor: Disambiguation Framework for the Colorblind,” Proc. of the 7th Int. ACM SIGACCESS Conf. on Computers and Accessibility, pp. 158-165, 2005.
-  K. Rasche, R. Geist, and J. Westall, “Detail Preserving Reproduction of Color Images for Monochromats and Dichromats,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Application, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 22-30, 2005.
-  L. Jefferson and R. Harvey, “An Interface to Support Color Blind Computer Users,” Proc. of the SIGCHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 1535-1538, 2007.
-  T. Amano and H. Kato, “Appearance Control by Projector Camera Feedback for Visually Impaired,” Proc. of the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop, pp. 57-63, 2010.
-  A. Yamashita, R. Miyaki, and T. Kaneko, “Color Information Presentation for Color Vision Defective by Using a Projector Camera System,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.6469, pp. 92-101, 2011.
-  Y. L. Grand, “Light, Colour and Vision,” 2nd Revised Ed., Chapman and Hall, 1968.
-  G. A. Fry, “Confusion Lines of Dichromats,” Color Research & Application, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 379-383, 1992.
-  G. Sharma, W. Wu, and E. N. Dalal, “The CIEDE2000 color-difference formula: Implementation notes, supplementary test data, and mathematical observations,” Color Research & Applications, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 21-30, 2005.
-  P. M. Mather, “Computer Processing of Remotely-Sensed Images: An Introduction,” 3rd Edition, Wiley, 2004.
-  F. Vienot, H. Brettel, and J. D. Mollon, “Digital Video Colourmaps for Checking the Legibility of Displays by Dichromats,” Color Research & Application, Vol.24, No.4, pp. 243-252, 1999.
-  M. Meguro, C. Takahashi, and T. Koga, “Simple Color Conversion Method to Perceptible Images for Color Vision Deficiencies,” Proc. of SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, Vol.6057, 432-442, 2006.
-  T. Yoshida, C. Horii, and K. Sato, “A Virtual Color Reconstruction System for Real Heritage with Light Projection,” Proc. of 9th Int. Conf. on Virtual Systems and Multimedia, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.