Motion-Based Depth Estimation for 2D to 3D Video Conversion
Fan Guo*,**, Jin Tang*, and Beiji Zou*,**,†
*School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
**Mobile Health Ministry of Education, China Mobile Joint Laboratory
Changsha, Hunan 410012, China
-  L. M. Po, X. Y. Xu, Y. S. Zhu, S. H. Zhang, K. W. Cheung, and C. W. Ting, “Automatic 2D-to-3D video conversion technique based on depth-from-motion and color segmentation,” IEEE 10th Int. Conf. on Signal Processing (ICSP), pp. 1000-1003, 2010.
-  C. Jung, L. Wang, and X. Zhu, “2D to 3D conversion with motion-type adaptive depth estimation,” Multimedia Systems, 2014.
-  C. C. Cheng, C. T. Li, and L.G. Chen, “A novel 2D-to-3D conversion system using edge information,” IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics. Vol.56, No.3, pp. 1739-1745, 2010
-  C. C. Han and F. F. Hsiao, “Depth estimation and video synthesis for 2D to 3D video conversion,” J. of Signal Processing Systems, Vol.76, No.1, pp. 33-46, 2014.
-  Z. B. Zhang, Y. Z. Wang, T. T. Jiang, and W. Gao, “Visual pertinent 2D-to-3D video conversion by multi-cue fusion,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP), pp. 909-912, 2011.
-  R. Rzeszutek and D. Androutsos, “Efficient Automatic Depth Estimation for Video,” 18th Int. Conf. on Digital Signal Processing (DSP), pp. 1-6, 2013.
-  S. F. Tsai, C. C. Cheng, C. T. Li, and L. G. Chen, “A real-time 1080p 2D-to-3D video conversion system,” IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 915-922, 2011.
-  R. Phan and D. Androutsos, “Robust semi-automatic depth map generation in unconstrained images and video sequences for 2D to stereoscopic 3D conversion,” IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 122-136, 2014.
-  X. Zhang and Y. Yang, “Minimum spanning tree and color image segmentation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Networking, Sensing and Control, pp. 900-904, 2008.
-  M. J. Wang, C. F. Chen, and G. G. Lee, “Motion-based depth estimation for 2D-to-3D video conversion,” Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), pp. 1-6, 2013.
-  D. Sun, S. Roth, and M. J. Black, “Secrets of Optical Flow Estimation and Their Principles,” IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2432-2439, 2010.
-  M. W. Tao, J. Bai, P. Kohli, and S. Paris, “SimpleFlow: a non-iterative, sublinear optical flow algorithm,” Computer Graphics Forum, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 345-353, 2012.
-  M. V. Rossum and T. Nieuwenhuizen, “Multiple scattering of classical waves: microscopy, mesoscopy and diffusion,” Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol.71, No.1, pp. 313-371, 1999.
-  N. Aggarwal and W. C. Karl, “Line Detection in Images through Regularized Hough Transform,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 582-91, 2006.
-  The gco-v3.0 library (gco-v3.0), Available:
http://vision.csd.uwo.ca/code/ [Accessed January 21, 2014]
-  C. Tomasi and R. Manduchi, “Bilateral filtering for gray and color images,” IEEE 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 839-846, 1998.
-  H. W. Cho, S. W. Chung, M. K. Song, and W. J. Song, “Depth-image-based 3D rendering with edge dependent preprocessing,” IEEE 54th Int. Midwest Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1-4, 2011.
-  3D Video Download, Available:
http://www.cad.zju.edu.cn/home/gfzhang/projects/videodepth/data/ [Accessed on May 7, 2014]
-  The Double-Stimulus Continuous Quality-Scale method (DSCQS), http://www.irisa.fr/armor/lesmembres/Mohamed/Thesis/node147.
html [Accessed July 10, 2014]
-  U. Celikcan, G. Cimen, E. B. Kevine, and T. Capin, “Attention-aware disparity control in interactive environments,” Visual Computer, Vol.29, pp. 685-694, 2013.
-  W. J. Tam, F. Speranza, S. Yano, and H. Ono, “Stereoscopic 3D-TV: visual comfort,” IEEE Trans. on Broadcasting, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 335-346, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.