Coordination of Monetary and Exchange Rate Policy in China: Market Interest Rate Approach
Bing Xu*, Qiuqin He*, and Xiaowen Hu**
*Research Institute of Econometrics and Statistics, Zhejiang Gongshang University
18 XueZheng Road, Xiasha University Town, Hangzhou 310018, China
**School of Economics and Management, Anhui Normal University
1 Beijing East Road, Wuhu, Anhui 241000, China
-  M. Goldstein and N. Lardy, “China’s exchange rate policy dilemma,” The American Economic Review, pp. 422-426, 2006.
-  M. Goldstein and N. R. Lardy, “China’s Exchange Rate Policy: An Overview of Some Key Issues,” Debating China’s exchange rate policy, pp. 4-9, 2008.
-  S. Kun Sek, “Interactions between monetary policy and exchange rate in inflation targeting emerging countries: the case of three East Asian countries,” Int. J. of Economics and Finance, Vol.1, No.2, p. 27, 2009.
-  J. K. Galimberti and M. L. Moura, “Taylor rules and exchange rate predictability in emerging economies,” J. of Int. Money and Finance, Vol.32, pp. 1008-1031, 2013.
-  H. Rey, “Dilemma not trilemma: the global financial cycle and monetary policy independence,” Jackson Hole Economic Symp., 2013.
-  R. H. Clarida, “Monetary policy in open economies: Practical perspectives for pragmatic central bankers,” J. of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol.49, pp. 21-30, 2014.
-  P. Xie and X. Zhang, “The Three Conflict between China’s Currency Policy and Exchange Rate Policy – The Empirical Analysis of China in 1994-2000,” Int. Economic Review, Vol.3, pp. 30-35, 2002.
-  Z. Weng, “A Dilemma between Interior and Exterior Equilibrium,” Finance and Economics, Vol.2, pp. 9-16, 2005.
-  X. Zou, G. Hongbing, and H. Zhenjun, “The Causes and Countermeasures of the Conflict between China’s Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Policy – Based on the Perspective of International Coordination,” Shanghai Finance, Vol.4, pp. 50-57, 2012.
-  P. R. Krugman, “Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade,” J. of Int. Economics, Vol.9, Iss.4, pp. 469-479, 1979.
-  N. Yoshino, S. Kaji, and T. Asonuma, “Dynamic transition of exchange rate regime in China,” China and World Economy, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 36-55, 2014.
-  C. Fan, “Research of the Currency Policy under Open Economy,” The Commercial Press, 2010.
-  J. Aizenman and R. Sengupta, “Financial trilemma in China and a comparative analysis with India,” Pacific Economic Review, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 123-146, 2013.
-  J. B. Taylor, “Macroeconomic Policy in a World Economy: from Econometric Design to Practical Operation,” New York, W. W. Norton, 1993.
-  Chevapatrakul, Thanaset, T.-H. Kim, and P. Mizen, “The Taylor principle and monetary policy approaching a zero bound on nominal rates: quantile regression results for the United States and Japan,” J. of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol.41, No.8, pp. 1705-1723, 2009.
-  M. H. Wolters, “Estimating monetary policy reaction functions using quantile regressions,” J. of Macroeconomics, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 342-361, 2012.
-  M. Neuenkirch and P. Tillmann, “Inflation targeting, credibility, and non-linear Taylor rules,” J. of Int. Money and Finance, Vol.41, pp. 30-45, 2014.
-  C. Engel, N. C. Mark, and K. D. West, “Factor model forecasts of exchange rates,” J. Econometric Reviews, Vol.34, No.1-2, pp. 32-55, 2015.
-  T. Molodtsova and D. H. Papell, “Out-of-sample exchange rate predictability with Taylor rule fundamentals,” J. of International Economics, Vol.77, No.2, pp. 167-180, 2009.
-  O. Ince, “Forecasting exchange rates out-of-sample with panel methods and real-time data,” J. of Int. Money and Finance, Vol.43, pp. 1-18, 2014.
-  Y. P. Mehra, “A Forward-Looking Monetary Policy React ion Function,” Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Economic Quarterly, Vol.85, No.2, 2000.
-  Orphanides, “Monetary Policy Rules Basedon Real-Time Data,” American Economic Review, Vol.91, No.4, pp. 964-985, 2001.
-  A. Fourcans and R. Vranceanu, “The ECB interest rate rule under the Duisenberg presidency,” European J. of Political Economy, Vol.20, pp. 579-595, 2004.
-  S. Sauer and J.-E. Sturm, “Using Taylor rules to understand the ECB monetary policy,” German Economic Review, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 375-398, 2007.
-  Y. Zhang and D. Zhang, “A Test on a Forward looking Monetary Policy Reaction Function in Chinese Monetary Policy,” Economic Research J., Vol.3, pp. 20-32, 2007.
-  T. Zheng, X. Wang, and N. Su, “Real-time Inflation Forecasting and Its Applicability of Phillips Curve to China,” Economic Research J., Vol.3, pp. 88-101, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.