Asymmetric Quantitative Model of Coexceedances and its Applications to the Study of Contagion Mechanism of the Financial Crisis
Xiaorong Yang, Jie Chen, and Chun He
College of Statistics & Mathematics, Zhejiang Gongshang University
Hangzhou 310018, China
-  B. T. Ewing and M. A. Thompson, “Dynamic cyclical comovements of oil prices with industrial production, consumer prices, unemployment, and stock prices,” Energy Policy, Vol.35, No.11, pp. 5535-5540, 2007.
-  J. Kallberg and P. Pasquariello, “Time-series and cross-sectional excess comovement in stock indexes,” J. of Empirical Finance, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 481-502, 2008.
-  M. King, E. Sentana and S. Wadhwani, “Volatiltiy and links between national stock markets,” National Bureau of Economic Research, 1990.
-  S. G. Calvo, and C. M. Reinhart, “Capital flows to Latin America: is there evidence of contagion effects?” World Bank Policy Research Working Paper, 1996.
-  G. L. Kaminsky and C. M. Reinhart, “On crises, contagion, and confusion,” J. of Int. Economics, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 145-168, 2000.
-  T. Baig and I. Goldfajn, “Financial market contagion in the Asian crisis,” IMF Working Paper, 1998.
-  Y. Hamao, R. W. Masulis and V. Ng, “Correlations in price changes and volatility across international stock markets,” Review of Financial Studies, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 281-307, 1990.
-  G. Bekaert, C. R. Harvey and C. Lundblad, “Does financial liberalization spur growth?” J. of Financial Economics, Vol.77, No.1, pp. 3-55, 2005.
-  P. A. Cashin and R. Sahay, “Internal migration, center-state grants and economic growth in the states of India,” MF Working Paper, 1995.
-  K. H. Bae, G. A. Karolyi, and R. M. Stulz, “A new approach to measuring financial contagion,” Review of Financial Studies, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 717-763, 2003.
-  D. G. Baur and N. Schulze, “Coexceedances in Financial Markets – A Quantile Regression Analysis of Contagion,” Emerging Markets Review, Vol6, No.1, pp. 21-43, 2005.
-  D. A. Dickey and G. Gonzalez-Farias, “A new maximum likelihood approach to testing for unit roots,” Proc. of the Business and Economic Statistics Section, American Statistical Association, 1992.
-  R. Koenker and G. Bassett Jr., “Regression quantiles,” Econometrica: J. of the Econometric Society, pp. 33-50, 1978.
-  R. Koenker, “Quantile regression,” Cambridge University Press, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.