Rule Representation for Nursing-Care Process Evaluation Using Decision Tree Techniques
Manabu Nii*,**, Kazunobu Takahama*, Shota Miyake*,
Atsuko Uchinuno***, and Reiko Sakashita***
*Graduate School of Engineering, University of Hyogo, 2167 Shosha, Himeji, Hyogo 671-2201, Japan
**WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
***College of Nursing Art and Science, University of Hyogo, 13-71 Kitaoji-cho, Akashi, Hyogo 673-8588, Japan
Improving the quality of nursing care is crucial to maintaining the quality of life. Our objective is to develop a computer-aided evaluation system that enables nursing experts to improve the quality of nursing care. In our previous works, some classification systems based on fuzzy logic, neural networks, and SVMs were developed. Although a classification system with high performance for all nursing-care datasets is desirable, we focus on how to visualize the classification results in this paper. It is important to visualize the results for our nursing-care text classification system because the computer-aided system has to explain the reasons for obtaining such results to human experts. In this paper, a tree-type expression is considered for visualizing the classification results. To visualize classification results with the tree-type expression, we consider a decision tree technique. Word existence, dependency relations, and phrase-based feature vector definitions have been proposed in our previous works. In the present study, these three types of feature vector definitions are compared with one another from the viewpoint of understandability.
-  The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare,
http://www.mhlw.go.jp [Accessed September 8, 2014] (in Japanese).
-  M. Nii, S. Ando, Y. Takahashi, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “Nursing-care Freestyle Texts Classification using Support Vector Machines,” Proc. of 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Granular Computing, CA, pp. 665-668, 2007.
-  M. Nii, S. Ando, Y. Takahashi, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “Feature extraction from nursing-care texts for classification,” Proc. of 6th Int. Forum onMultimedia and Image Processing, in CDROM (6 pages), 2008.
-  M. Nii, S. Ando, Y. Takahashi, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “GA based Feature Selection for Nursing-Care Freestyle Text Classification,” Proc. of Joint 4th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 9th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 756-761, 2008.
-  M. Nii, T. Yamaguchi, Y. Takahashi, R. Sakashita, and A. Uchinuno, “Analysis of Nursing-care Freestyle Japanese Text Classification Using GA-based Term Selection,” Proc. of World Automation Congress 2010, IFMIP495 (CD-ROM, 6 pages), 2010.
-  M. Nii, T. Yamaguchi, Y. Takahashi, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “Improving Classification Performance of Nursing-Care Text Classification System by Using GA-based Term Selection,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 142-149, 2010.
-  M. Nii, T. Yamaguchi, Y. Mori, Y. Takahashi, R. Sakashita, and A. Uchinuno, “Classification of Nursing-care Data using Additional Term Information,” Proc. of SCIS & ISIS 2010, Okayama, Japan, pp. 1469-1474, 2010.
-  M. Nii, Y. Takahashi, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “An Approach using Conceptual Fuzzy Sets for Nursing-care Text Classification,” Proc. of 2012 World Automation Congress (WAC 2012), 2012.
-  M. Nii, Y. Hirohata, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “New Feature Definition for Improvement of Nursing-care Text Classification,” 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 2610-2615, 2012.
-  M. Nii, Y. Hirohata, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “Feature Definition using Dependency Relations between Terms for Improving Nursing-care Text Classification,” Proc. of 2012 5th Int. Conf. on Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology, pp. 110-115, 2012.
-  M. Nii, S. Miyake, K. Takahama, A. Uchinuno, and R. Sakashita, “Consideration about Utilizing Text Architecture for Making Feature Vectors in Classifying Nursing-care Texts,” 2013 IEEE Int. Conf on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 1817-1821, 2013.
-  MeCab, Yet Another Part-of-Speech and Morphological Analyzer,
http://mecab.sourceforge.jp/ [Accessed September 8, 2014]
-  T. Kudo and Y. Matsumoto, “Japanese Dependency Analysis using Cascaded Chunking,” CoNLL 2002: Proc. of the 6th Conf. on Natural Language Learning 2002 (COLING 2002 Post-Conference Workshops), pp. 63-69, 2002.
-  RULEQUEST RESEARCH,
http://rulequest.com [Accessed September 8, 2014]
-  C.-C. Chang and C.-J. Lin, “LIBSVM : a library for support vector machines,” ACM Trans. on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Vol.2, Iss.3, pp.27, 2011.