Development of a Robotic Boiler Header Inspection Device with Redundant Localization System
Nur Maisurah Hassan Basri, Khairul Salleh Mohamed Sahari,
and Adzly Anuar
Centre for Advanced Mechatronics and Robotics, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Jalan IKRAM-UNITEN, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
-  K. S. M. Sahari, A. Anuar, S. S. K. Mohideen, M. Z. Baharuddin, I. N. Ismail, N. M. H. Basri, N. S. Roslin, M. A. Aziz, and B. Ahmad, “Development of robotic boiler header inspection device,” 2012 Joint 6th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (SCIS) and 13th Int. Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS), pp. 769-773, 2012.
-  H. Othman, J. Purbolaksono, and B. Ahmad, “Failure investigation on deformed superheater tubes,” Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol.16, pp. 329-339, 2009.
-  H. Othman, J. Purbolaksono, and B. Ahmad, “Failure Analysis on Deformed Superheater Tubes by Finite ElementMethod,” Int. Conf. on Construction and Building Technology, pp. 283-294, 2008.
-  Z. Liu and D. Krys, “The use of laser range finder on a robotic platform for pipe inspection,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol.31, pp. 246-257, 2012.
-  J. Qiu, Z. Song, and J. Zhang, “A new method for detecting pipeline deformation by an inspection robot with a moving 2D laser rang finder,” 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), pp. 987-992, 2011.
-  P. Hansen, H. Alismail, B. Browning, and P. Rander, “Stereo visual odometry for pipe mapping,” 2011 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 4020-4025, 2011.
-  W. Dalei, Y. T. Kamal, M. Samir, and B. M. Rached, “Relay node placement in wireless sensor networks for pipeline inspection,” American Control Conf. (ACC) 2013, pp. 5905-5910, 2013.
-  M. H. Skjelvareid, Y. Birkelund, and Y. Larsen, “Internal pipeline inspection using virtual source synthetic aperture ultrasound imaging,” NDT & E Int., Vol.54, pp. 151-158, 2013.
-  H. Qi, J. Ye, X. Zhang, and H. Chen, “Wireless tracking and locating system for in-pipe robot,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol.159, pp. 117-125, 2010.
-  H. Qi, J. Ye, X. Zhang, H. Chen, and J. Ye, “Tracing and localization system for pipeline robot,” Mechatronics, Vol.19, pp. 76-84, 2009.
-  J. H. Kim, G. Sharma, N. Boudriga, and S. S. Iyengar, “RAMP system for proactive pipeline monitoring,” 2010 Second Int. Conf. on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS), pp. 1-2, 2010.
-  J. H. Kim, G. Sharma, N. Boudriga, and S. S. Iyengar, “SPAMMS: A sensor-based pipeline autonomous monitoring and maintenance system,” 2010 Second Int. Conf. on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS), pp. 1-10, 2010.
-  H. Lim, Y. Choi, Y. S. Kwon, E. J. Jung, and B. J. Yi, “SLAM in indoor pipelines with 15 mm diameter,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2008), pp. 4005-4011, 2008.
-  M. Beinhofer, J. Muller, and W. Burgard, “Effective landmark placement for accurate and reliable mobile robot navigation,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, pp. 1060-1069, 2013.
-  J. Rantakokko, J. Rydell, P. Stromback, P. Handel, J. Callmer, D. Tornqvist, F. Gustafsson, M. Jobs, and M. Gruden, “Accurate and reliable soldier and first responder indoor positioning: multisensor systems and cooperative localization,” Wireless Communications, IEEE, Vol.18, pp. 10-18, 2011.
-  C. Suliman, C. Cruceru, and F. Moldoveanu, “Mobile Robot Position Estimation Using the Kalman Filter,” The INTER-ENG Int. Conf. will take place on 50th Anniversary of “Petru Maior” University of Tg. Mures, pp. 75-78, 2009.
-  M. Baeck, Thomas Publishing Company,
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Video-Borescope-fits-in-tightspaces-14851 [Accessed October 20, 2013], 2002.
-  M. Baeck, Thomas Publishing Company, [Online],
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Video-Borescope-featuresfull-motion-video-recording-452301 [Accessed October 20, 2013], 2004.
-  M. L. Anjum, J. Park,W. Hwang, H. I. Kwon, J. H. Kim, C. Lee, and D. I. Cho, “Sensor data fusion using Unscented Kalman Filter for accurate localization of mobile robots,” 2010 Int. Conf. on Control Automation and Systems (ICCAS), pp. 947-952, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.