Learning of Glycan Motifs Using Genetic Programming and Various Fitness Functions
Tetsuhiro Miyahara* and Tetsuji Kuboyama**
*Graduate School of Information Sciences, Hiroshima City University, 3-4-1 Ozuka-higashi, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima 731-3194, Japan
**Computer Centre, Gakushuin University, 1-7-1 Mejiro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 151-8588, Japan
-  W. Banzhaf, P. Nordin, R. E. Keller, and F. D. Francone, “Genetic Programming: An Introduction : On the Automatic Evolution of Computer Programs and Its Applications,” Morgan Kaufmann, 1998.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection,” MIT Press, 1992.
-  X. Yao (ed.), “Evolutionary Computation: Theory and Applications,” World Scientific, 1999.
-  K. C. Tan, M. H. Lim, X. Yao, and L. Wang (eds.), “Recent Advances in Simulated Evolution and Learning,” World Scientific, 2004.
-  K. Inata, T. Miyahara, H. Ueda, and K. Takahashi, “Evolution of characteristic tree structured patterns from semistructured documents,” Proc. AI-2006, Springer-Verlag, Vol.4304, pp. 1201-1207, 2006.
-  M. Nagamine, T. Miyahara, T. Kuboyama, H. Ueda, and K. Takahashi, “A genetic programming approach to extraction of glycan motifs using tree structured patterns,” Proc. AI-2007, Springer-Verlag, Vol.4830, pp. 150-159, 2007.
-  M. Nagamine, T. Miyahara, T. Kuboyama, H. Ueda, and K. Takahashi, “Evolution of multiple tree structured patterns from treestructured data using clustering,” Proc. AI-2008, Springer-Verlag, Vol.5360, pp. 500-511, 2008.
-  Y. Hizukuri, Y. Yamanishi, O. Nakamura, F. Yagi, S. Goto, and M. Kanehisa, “Extraction of leukemia specific glycan motifs in humans by computational glycomics,” Carbohydrate Research, Vol.340, pp. 2270-2278, 2005.
-  T. Kuboyama, K. Hirata, K.F. Aoki-Kinoshita, H. Kashima, and H. Yasuda, “A gram distribution kernel applied to glycan classification and motif extraction,” Genome Informatics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 25-34, 2006.
-  T. Miyahara, Y. Suzuki, T. Shoudai, T. Uchida, K. Takahashi, and H. Ueda, “Discovery of frequent tag tree patterns in semistructured web documents,” Proc. PAKDD-2002, Springer-Verlag, LNAI 2336, pp. 341-355, 2002.
-  B.W. Matthews, “Comparison of the predicted and observed secondary structure of t4 phage lysozyme,” Biochim. Biophys. Acta, Vol.405, pp. 442-451, 1975.
-  R. Seehuus, A. Tveit, and O. Edsberg, “Discovering biological motifs with genetic programming,” Proc. Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) 2005, pp. 401-408, 2005.
-  T. Miyahara and T. Kuboyama, “Acquisition of glycan motifs using genetic programming and various fitness functions,” Proc. SCISISIS 2012, pp. 1684-1689, 2012.
-  Y. Suzuki, R. Akanuma, T. Shoudai, T. Miyahara, and T. Uchida, “Polynomial time inductive inference of ordered tree patterns with internal structured variables from positive data,” Proc. COLT-2002, Springer-Verlag, LNAI 2375, pp. 169-184, 2002.
-  K. Hashimoto, S. Goto, S. Kawano, K.F. Aoki-Kinoshita, N. Ueda, M. Hamajima, T. Kawasaki, and M. Kanehisa, “KEGG as a glycome informatics resource. Glycobiology,” Vol.16, pp. 63R-70R, 2006.
-  S. Doubet and P. Albersheim, “Clycobiology. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery,” Vol.2, No.6, p. 505, 1992.
-  A. Moschitti, “Making tree kernels practical for natural language learning,” Proc. Conf. of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) 2006, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.