Multi-q Extension of Tsallis Entropy Based Fuzzy c-Means Clustering
Makoto Yasuda and Yasuyuki Orito
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Gifu National College of Technology, 2236-2 Kamimakuwa, Motosu-shi, Gifu 501-0495, Japan
-  J. C. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Prenum Press, New York, 1981.
-  R. -P. Li and M. Mukaidono, “A Maximum entropy approach to fuzzy clustering,” Proc. of the 4th IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE/IFES’95), pp. 2227-2232, 1995.
-  S. Miyamoto and M. Mukaidono, “Fuzzy c-means as a regularization and maximum entropy approach,” Proc. of the 7th Int. Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress, Vol.2, pp. 86-92, 1997.
-  K. Rose, E. Gurewitz, and B. C. Fox, “A deterministic annealing approach to clustering,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.11, No.9, pp. 589-594, 1990. 1997.
-  A. De Luca and S. Termini, “A definition of a nonprobabilistic entropy in the setting of fuzzy sets theory,” Information and Control, Vol.20, pp. 301-312, 1972.
-  M. Yasuda, T. Furuhashi, M. Matsuzaki, and S. Okuma, “Fuzzy clustering using deterministic annealing method and its statistical mechanical characteristics,” Proc. of the 10th IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Systems, p. 294, 2001.
-  C. Tsallis, “Possible generalization of Boltzmann-Gibbs statistics,” J. of Statistical Phys., Vol.52, pp. 479-487, 1988.
-  S. Abe and Y. Okamoto (ed.), “Nonextensive Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications,” Springer, 2001.
-  M. Gell-Mann and C. Tsallis (ed.) “Nonextensive Entropy – Interdisciplinary Applications,” Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
-  C. Tsallis (ed.) “Introduction to Nonextensive Statistical Mechanics,” Springer, 2009.
-  M. Menard, V. Courboulay, and P. Dardignac, “Possibilistic and probabilistic fuzzy clustering: unification within the framework of the non-extensive thermostatistics,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, pp. 1325-1342, 2003.
-  M. Menard, P. Dardignac, and C. C. Chibelushi, “Non-extensive thermostatistics and extreme physical information for fuzzy clustering,” Int. J. of Computational Cognition, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 1-63, 2004.
-  M. Yasuda, “Entropy maximization and deterministic annealing approach to fuzzy c-means clustering,” Proc. of the Joint 4th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and 9th Int. Symp. on Intelligent Systems, THA2-3, pp. 33-37, 2008.
-  M. Yasuda, “Entropy maximization and very fast deterministic annealing approach to fuzzy c-means clustering,” Proc. of the Joint 5th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and 11th Int. Symp. on Intelligent Systems, SU-B1-3, pp. 1515-1520, 2010.
-  F. Rossi and N. Villa-Vialaneix, “Optimizing an organized modularity measure for topographic graph measure clustering: a deterministic annealing approach,” Neurocomputing, Vol.73, No.7-9, pp. 1142-1163, 2010.
-  R.A. Fisher, “The use of multiple measurements in taxonomic problems,” Annals of Eugenics, 7, Part 2, pp. 179-188, 1936.
-  L. E. Reichl, “A Modern Course in Statistical Physics,” New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
-  M. Yasuda, “Deterministic annealing approach to fuzzy c-means clustering based on entropy maximization,” Advances in Fuzzy Systems, 960635, 2011.
-  M. Yasuda, “Tsallis entropy based fuzzy c-means clustering with parameter adjustment,” Proc. of the Joint 6th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and 13th Int. Symp. on Intelligent Systems, F2-54-5, pp. 1534-1539, 2012.
-  B. E. Rosen, “Function optimization based on advanced simulated annealing,” IEEE Workshop on Physics and Computation, PhysComp 92, pp. 289-293, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.