Performance Comparison of Collaborative Filtering with k-Anonymized Data by Fuzzy k-Member Clustering
Arina Kawano*, Katsuhiro Honda*, Akira Notsu*,
and Hidetomo Ichihashi**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
**Department of Economics, Osaka University of Economics and Law, 6-10 Gakuonji, Yao, Osaka 581-8511, Japan
-  J. A. Konstan, B. N. Miller, D. Maltz, J. L. Herlocker, L. R. Gardon, and J. Riedl, “Grouplens: applying collaborative filtering to usenet news,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 77-87, 1997.
-  J. L. Herlocker, J. A. Konstan, A. Borchers, and J. Riedl, “An algorithmic framework for performing collaborative filtering,” Proc. of Conf. on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 1999.
-  G. Linden, B. Smith, and J. York, “Amazon.com recommendations: item-to-item collaborative filtering,” IEEE Internet Computing, Jan-Feb, pp. 76-80, 2003.
-  C. C. Aggarwal and P. S. Yu, “Privacy-Preserving Data Mining: Models and Algorithms,” Springer-Verlag, New York, 2008.
-  P. Samarati, “Protecting respondents’ identities in microdata release,” IEEE Trans. Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 1010-1027, 2001.
-  L. Sweeney, “k-anonymity: a model for protecting privacy,” Int. J. on Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-based Systems, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 557-570, 2002.
-  J. W. Byun, A. Kamra, E. Bertino, and N. Li, “Efficient k-anonymization using clustering techniques,” Int. Conf. on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, LNCS-4443, pp. 188-200, Springer, 2007.
-  K. Honda, A. Kawano, A. Notsu, and H. Ichihashi, “A fuzzy variant of k-member clustering for collaborative filtering with data anonymization,” Proc. of 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Systems, pp. 121-126, 2012.
-  A. Kawano, K. Honda, A. Notsu, and H. Ichihashi, “Comparison on membership functions in fuzzy k-member clustering for data anonymization,” Proc. 6th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 13th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 2004-2008, 2012.
-  J. C. Bezdek, Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms, Plenum Press, 1981.
-  K. Honda, A. Notsu, and H. Ichihashi, “Collaborative filtering by sequential user-item co-cluster extraction from rectangular relational data,” Int. J. of Knowledge Engineering and Soft Data Paradigms, Vol. 2, No.4, pp. 312-327, 2010.
-  J. A. Swets, “Measuring the accuracy of diagnostic systems,” Science, Vol.240, No.4857, pp. 1285-1289, 1988.
-  K. Honda, M. Muranishi, A. Notsu, and H. Ichihashi, “FCM-type cluster validation in fuzzy co-clustering and collaborative filtering applicability,” Int. J. of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 24-29, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.