Formation Control with Event-Triggered Strategy for Multi-Agent Systems
Feng Zhou, Zhiwu Huang, Weirong Liu,
and Liran Li
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University, Hunan Engineering Laboratory for Advanced Control and Intelligent Automation, Changsha, Hunan, 410075, China
This paper considers cooperative formation control on networked multi-agent systems, in which the mobile agents have limited resources. Two event-based strategies are introduced to reduce resource utilization and control actuation in formation control. In one strategy, the event trigger function is designed to use system state, whereas in the other, it is designed to use control input. Theoretical and experimental analyses of the pros and cons of the two strategies are given. In addition, the stabilities of the two event-triggered formation control laws are discussed. The results of simulations conducted confirm the feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed methods.
-  T. Balch and R. C. Arkin, “Behavior-based formation control for Multi-robot teams,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 926-939, 1998.
-  G. L. Mariottini, “Vision-based localization for leader-follower formation control,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 1431-1438, 2009.
-  G. W. Gamage, G. K. I. Mann, and R. G. Gosine, “Leader follower based formation control strategies for nonholonomic mobile robots: Design, implementation and experimental validation,” Proc. of American Control Conf., pp. 224-229, 2010.
-  E. Lalish, K. A. Morgansen, and T. Tsukamaki, “Formation tracking control using virtual structures and deconfliction,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 5699-5705, 2006.
-  N. Li and H. Liu, “Formation UAV flight control using virtual structure and motion synchronization,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 1782-1787, 2008.
-  S. S. Ge and C. H. Fua, “Queues and artificial potential trenches for multirobot formations,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 646-656, 2005.
-  R. Olfati-Saber, “Flocking for multi-agent dynamic systems: algorithms and theory,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.51, No.3, pp. 401-420, 2006.
-  K. J. Astrom., “Event based control,” Analysis and Design of Nonlinear Control Systems, Springer, pp. 127-148, 2008.
-  W. Heemels, J. Sandee, and P. Bosch, “Analysis of event-driven controllers for linear systems,” Int. Journal of Control, Vol.81, No.4, pp. 571-590, 2008.
-  O. Demir and J. Lunze, “Cooperative control of multi-agent systems with event-based Communication,” Proc. of American Control Conf., pp. 4504-4509, 2012.
-  G. Xie, H. Liu, L.Wang, and Y. Jia, “Consensus in networked multiagent systems via sampled control: fixed topology case,” Proc. of American Control Conf., pp. 3902-3907, 2009.
-  W. Ren and Y. Cao, “Convergence of sampled-data consensus algorithms for double-integrator dynamics,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 3965-3970, 2008.
-  K. J. Astrom and B. Bernhardsson, “Comparison of Riemann and Lebesgue sampling for first order stochastic systems,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 2011-2016, 2002.
-  P. Tabuada, “Event-triggered real-time scheduling of stabilizing control tasks,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.52, No.9, pp. 1680-1685, 2007.
-  D. V. Dimarogonas and K. H. Johansson, “Event-triggered cooperative control,” Proc. of European Control Conf., pp. 3015-3020, 2009.
-  D. V. Dimarogonas and E. Frazzoli, “Distributed event-triggered control for multi-agent systems,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.57, No.5, pp. 1291-1297, 2012.
-  Y. Fan, G. Feng, and Y. Wang, “Distributed event-triggered control of multi-agent systems with combinational measurements,” Automatic, Vol.49, No.2, pp. 671-675, 2013.
-  Y. Fan, G. Feng, and Y. Wang, “Event-triggered control of multiagent systems with suboptimal triggering,” Proc. of Asian Control Conf., pp. 1-6, 2013.
-  C. Godsil and G. Royle, “Algebraic Graph Theory,” Springer, 2001.
-  G. S. Seyboth, D. V. Dimarogonas, and K. H. Johansson, “Control of Multi-Agent Systems via Event-based Communication,” Proc. of IFAC World Congress, pp. 10086-10091, 2011.
-  R. Olfati-Saber and R. Murray, “Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.49, No.9, pp. 1520-1533, 2004.