Evaluation of Haptic Interaction in Intercultural Online Negotiation
Meng Chen, Shogo Okada, and Katsumi Nitta
Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
-  K. E. Seamons, M. Winslett, T. Yu, L. Yu, and R. Jarvis, “Protecting privacy during on-line trust negotiation,” in 2nd Workshop on Privacy Enhancing Technologies, 2002.
-  M. Chen, D. Katagami, and K. Nitta, “Let’s play catch in words: Online Negotiation System with a Sense of Presence Based on Haptic Interaction,” Workshop at the Human Aspects in Ambient Intelligence, 2009.
-  M. Chen, D. Katagami, and K. Nitta, “Evaluation of Haptic Interaction in Online Negotiation,” J. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 571-579, Oct. 2011.
-  H. Kaplan, S. Bally, and C. Garretson, “Speechreading: A Way to Improve Understanding,” Gallaudet University Press, 1985.
-  J. Cassell, Y. Nakano, T. W. Bickmore, C. L. Sidner, and C. Rich, “Non-verbal Cues for Discourse Structure,” Proc. of the 41st Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 17-19, Toulouse, France, 2001.
-  K. Amaya, A. Bruderlin, and T. Calvert, “Emotion from motion,” Graphics Interface’96, Canadian Information Processing Society, Canadian Human-Computer Comm, pp. 222-229, 1996.
-  M. W. Morris, and D. Keltner, “How emotions work: An analysis of the social functions of emotional expression in negotiations,” Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol.22, pp. 1- 50, 2000.
-  M. Yuasa and N. Mukawa, “The Facial Expression Effect of an Animated Agent on the Decisions Taken in the Negotiation Game,” CHI Extended Abstracts 2007, pp. 2795-2800, 2007.
-  T. Hoshi, “Development of Aerial Input System with Touch Feedback,” Proc. SICE, 2010.
-  D. Bowman, L. Hodges, and J. Bolter, “The Virtual Venue: User – Computer Interaction in Information – Rich Virtual Environments,” Presence: Tele operators and Virtual Environments, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 478-493, 1998.
-  E. Suma, D. Krum, B. Lange, S. Rizzo, and M. Bolas, “Faast: The fexibleaction and articulated skeletontoolkit,” IEEE Virtual Reality, 2011.
-  Jocelyn Smith and Karon MacLean, “Communicating emotion through a haptic link: Design space and methodology,” Int. J. Human-Computer Studies 65, pp. 376-387, 2007.
-  D. Tsetserukou and A. Neviarouskaya, “Innovative real-time communication system with rich emotional and haptic channels,” In A. M. L.Kappers, J. B. F. van Erp,W.M. B. Tiest, and F. C. T. van der Helm, editors, Haptics: Generating and Perceiving Tangible Sensations, Proc. EuroHaptics, Part I, Vol.6192 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 306-313, Springer, July 2010.
-  A. A. Lipi and Y. Nakano, “How Culture and Social Relationship Affect Performing and Perceiving of Postures,” 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Granular Computing, 2011.
-  M. Rehm, Y. Nakano, E. Andre, T. Nishida, N. Bee, B.Endrass, M. Wissner, AA. Lipi, and H. Hung-Hsuan, “From observation to simulation: generating culture specific behavior for interactive systems,” AI and Society, Special Issue on Enculturating Human Computer Interaction, Vol.24, No.3, 2009.
-  PHANToM haptic device:
-  C. Basdogan, C. H. Ho,M. A. Srinivasan, and M. Slater, “An experimental study on the role of touch in shared virtual environments,” ACM Trans. Comput. Hum. Interact., Vol.7, pp. 443-460, 2000.
-  D. Morris, J. Neel, and K. Salisbury, “Haptic Battle Pong: High-Degree-of-Freedom Haptics in a Multiplayer Gaming Environment,” Experimental Gameplay Workshop, GDC, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.