Proposal of a New Recommendation System that Addresses “Personalizability”
Tomohiro Yoshikawa*, Takafumi Mori**, and Takeshi Furuhashi
*Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
**Brother Industries, Ltd., 15-1 Naeshiro-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8561, Japan
-  T. Kamishima, “Algorithms for Recommender Systems (1),” J. of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 826-837, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kamishima, “Algorithms for Recommender Systems (2),” J. of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 89-103, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kamishima, “Algorithms for Recommender Systems (3),” J. of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 248-263, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  http://www.amazon.com
-  http://www.pandora.com
-  Y. Koren, “Tutorial on recent progress in collaborative filtering,” Proc. of the 2008 ACM Conf. on Recommender Systems, pp. 333-334, 2008.
-  J. L. Herlocker, J. A. Konstan, L. G. Terveen, and J. T. Riedl, “Evaluating collaborative filtering recommender systems,” ACM Trans. on Information Systems, Vol.22, 2004.
-  B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, J. Konstan, and J. Reidl, “Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithms,” Proc. of the 10th Int. Conf. on World Wide Web, pp. 285-295, 2001.
-  W. S. Lee, “Collaborative learning for recommender systems,” Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. on Machine Learning, pp. 314-321, 2001.
-  R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules,” Proc. of the 20th Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487-499, 1994.
-  L. Geng and H. J. Hamilton, “Interestingness measures for data mining: A survey,” ACM Computing Surveys, Vol.38, 2006.
-  B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, J. Konstan, and J. Riedl, “Analysis of recommendation algorithms for e-commerce,” Proc. of the 2nd ACM Conf. on Electronic Commerce, pp. 158-167, 2000.
-  C. Kim and J. Kim, “A recommendation algorithm using multi-level association rules,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/WIC Int. Conf. on Web Intelligence, pp. 524-527, 2003.
-  C. N. Ziegler, S. M. McNee, J. A. Konstan, and G. Lausen, “Improving recommendation lists through topic diversification,” Proc. of the 14th Int. Conf. on World Wide Web, pp. 22-32, 2005.
-  H. Chandrashekhar and B. Bhasker, “Personalized recommender system using entropy based collaborative filtering technique,” J. of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 214-237, 2011.
-  V. Schickel-Zuber and B. Faltings, “Inferring user’s preferences using ontologies,” Proc. of the 21st National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1413-1418, 2006.
-  K. Oku and F. Hattori, “Serendipity shikou jouhou suisen no tame no fusion-based approach no user hyouka,” The 4th Forum on Data Engineering and Information Management, A1-3, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Murakami, K. Mori, and R. Orihara, “Metrics for evaluating the serendipity of recommendation lists,” JSAI 2007, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol.4914, pp. 40-46, 2008.
-  M. Ge, C. Delgado-Battenfeld, and D. Jannach, “Beyond accuracy: evaluating recommender systems by coverage and serendipity,” Proc. of the fourth ACM Conf. on Recommender systems, pp. 257-260, 2010.
-  X. Yin and J. Han, “CPAR: Classification based on predictive association rules,” Proc. of the 3rd SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining, pp. 331-335, 2003.
-  S. Kullback, “Information theory and statistics,” Dover Publications, Mineola, N.Y., 1997.
-  B. N. Miller, I. Albert, S. K. Lam, J. A. Konstan, and J. Riedl, “Movielens unplugged: experiences with an occasionally connected recommender system,” Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces, pp. 263-266, 2003.
-  D. Gupta, M. Digiovanni, H. Narita, and K. Goldberg, “Jester 2.0 (poster abstract): evaluation of an new linear time collaborative filtering algorithm,” Proc. of the 22nd Annual Int. ACM SIGIR Conf. on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 291-292, 1999.
-  R. Kohavi, “A study of cross-validation and bootstrap for accuracy estimation and model selection,” Proc. of Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence 1995, pp. 1137-1143, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.