The Cluster-Weighted DEMATEL with ANP Method for Supplier Selection in Food Industry
Jung-Lu Shen*, Yong-Mei Liu*, and Yi-Lin Tzeng***
*Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
**National Taichung University of Education, 140 Min-Shen Road, TaiChung 40306, Taiwan
-  M. D. Bunn, “Key Aspects of Organizational Buying: Conceptualization and Measument,” J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 160-169, 1994.
-  R. F. Saen, “A new mathematical approach for suppliers selection: Accounting for non-homogeneity is important,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.185, No.1, pp. 84-95, 2007.
-  S. H. Ghodsypour and C. O’Brien, “A decision support system for supplier selection using an integrated analytic hierarchy process and linear programming,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.56-57, No.1, pp. 199-212, 1998.
-  M. C. Y. TamandV. M. R. Tummala, “An application of theAHP in vendor selection of a telecommunications system,” Omega, Vol.29, No.2, pp. 171-182, 2001.
-  R. Handfield et al., “Applying environmental criteria to supplier assessment: A study in the application of the Analytical Hierarchy Process,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.141, No.1, pp. 70-87, 2002.
-  F. T. S. Chan et al., “A decision support system for supplier selection in the airline industry,” Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B – J. of Engineering Manufacture, Vol.221, No.4, pp. 741-758, 2007.
-  R. R. Levary, “Using the analytic hierarchy process to rank foreign suppliers based on supply risks,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.55, No.2, pp. 535-542, 2008.
-  F. Tahriri et al., “A review of supplier selection methods in manufacturing industries,” Suranaree J. Sci. Technology, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 201-208, 2008.
-  F.-H. F. Liu and H. L. Hai, “The voting analytic hierarchy process method for selecting supplier,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.97, No.3, pp. 308-317, 2005.
-  Y.-T. Lin et al., “A novel hybrid MCDM approach for outsourcing vendor selection: A case study for a semiconductor company in Taiwan,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.37, No.7, pp. 4796-4804, 2010.
-  J. Sarkis and S. Talluri, “A model for strategic supplier selection,” J. of Supply Chain Management, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 18-28, 2002.
-  H.-J. Shyur and H.-S. Shih, “A hybrid MCDM model for strategic vendor selection,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol.44, No.7-8, pp. 749-761, 2006.
-  W. L. Ng, “An efficient and simple model for multiple criteria supplier selection problem,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.186, No.3, pp. 1059-1067, 2008.
-  S. Talluri and R. Narasimhan, “A note on “A methodology for supply base optimization”,” IEEE Trans. on Engineering Management, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 130-139, 2005.
-  V.Wadhwa and A. R. Ravindran, “Vendor selection in outsourcing,” Computers & Operations Research, Vol.34, No.12, pp. 3725-3737, 2007.
-  D. Wu, “Supplier selection: A hybrid model using DEA, decision tree and neural network,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 9105-9112, 2009.
-  H. Ding, L. Benyoucef, and X. Xiea, “A simulation optimization methodology for supplier selection problem,” Int. J. of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 210-224, 2005.
-  H. S. Wang and Z. H. Che, “An integrated model for supplier selection decisions in configuration changes,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.32, No.4, pp. 1132-1140, 2007.
-  A. Amid, S. H. Ghodsypour, and C. O’Brien, “Fuzzy multiobjective linear model for supplier selection in a supply chain,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.104, No.2, pp. 394-407, 2006.
-  A. F. Guneri, A. Yucel, and G. Ayyildiz, “An integrated fuzzy-lp approach for a supplier selection problem in supply chain management,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 9223-9228, 2009.
-  W.-W. Wu, “Choosing knowledge management strategies by using a combined ANP and DEMATEL approach,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 828-835, 2008.
-  Y. P. O. Yang et al., “A novel hybrid MCDM model combined with DEMATEL and ANP with applications,” Int. J. of Operations Research, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 160-168, 2008.
-  Y.-T. Lin et al., “Using DEMATELmethod to explore the core competences and causal effect of the IC design service company: An empirical case study,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.5, pp. 6262-6268, 2011.
-  C. J. Lin and W. W. Wu, “A causal analytical method for group decision-making under fuzzy environment,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.34, No.1, pp. 205-213, 2008.
-  J.-L. Shen and Y.-M. Liu, “Integrated multi-criteria decisionmaking (MCDM) method combined with decision making trial and evaluation laboratory (DEMATEL) and analytic network process (ANP) in food supplier selection,” African J. of Business Management, Vol.6, No.12, pp. 4595-4602, 2011.
-  T. L. Saaty, “The analytic network process,” New York: McGraw-Hill, 1980.
-  C. Gencer and D. Gurpinar, “Analytic network process in supplier selection: A case study in an electronic firm,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol.31, No.11, pp. 2475-2486, 2007.
-  C.-W. Hsu and A. H. Hu, “Applying hazardous substance management to supplier selection using analytic network process,” J. of Cleaner Production, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 255-264, 2009.
-  A. H. I. Lee, H.-J. Chang, and C.-Y. Lin, “An evaluation model of buyer-supplier relationships in high-tech industry – The case of an electronic components manufacturer in Taiwan,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.57, No.4, pp. 1417-1430, 2009.
-  S. Das and S. Chakraborty, “Selection of non-traditional machining processes using analytic network process,” J. of Manufacturing Systems, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 41-53, 2011.
-  G. Büyüközkan and Ç. Berkol, “Designing a sustainable supply chain using an integrated analytic network process and goal programming approach in quality function deployment,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.11, pp. 13731-13748, 2011.
-  B. Öztaysi, T. Kaya, and C. Kahraman, “Performance comparison based on customer relationship management using analytic network process,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.8, pp. 9788-9798, 2011.
-  T. L. Saaty, “Theory and applications of the analytic network process: decision making with benefits, opportunities, costs, and risks,” USA: RWS Publications, 2005.
-  J. J. H. Liou, L. Yen, and G.-H. Tzeng, “Building an effective safety management system for airlines,” J. of Air Transport Management, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 20-26, 2008.
-  W. W. Wu, “Choosing knowledge management strategies by using a combined ANP and DEMATEL approach,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 828-835, 2008.
-  E. Fontela and A. Gabus, “The DEMATEL observer, DEMATEL 1976 Report,” Switzerland Geneva: Battelle Geneva Research Center, 1976.
-  J. L. Yang and G.-H. Tzeng, “An integrated MCDM technique combined with DEMATEL for a novel cluster-weighted with ANP method,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 1417-1424, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.