A Proposal of Memory and Prediction Based Genetic Algorithm Using Speciation in Dynamic Multimodal Function Optimization
Takumi Ichimura*, Hiroshi Inoue**, Akira Hara**,
Tetsuyuki Takahama**, and Kenneth J. Mackin***
*Faculty of Management and Information Systems, Prefectural University of Hiroshima, 1-1-71 Ujina-Higashi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8559, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Sciences, Hiroshima City University, 3-4-1 Ozuka-higashi, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima 731-3194, Japan
***Department of Information Systems, Tokyo University of Information Sciences, 4-1 Onaridai, Wakaba-ku, Chiba 265-8501, Japan
-  J. J. Grefenstette, “Genetic algorithms for changing environments,” Proc. of the 2nd Int. Conf. on Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, pp. 137-144, 1992.
-  F. Vavak and T. C. Fogarty, “comparative study of steady state and generational genetic algorithms for use in nonstationary environments,” AISB Workshop on Evolutionary Computing, LNCS, Vol.1143, Springer, pp. 297-304, 1996.
-  H. G. Cobb and J. J. Grefenstette, “Genetic algorithms for tracking changing environments,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 523-530, 1993.
-  J. Branke, “Memory enhanced evolutionary algorithms for changing optimization problems,” Proc. of the 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.3, pp. 1875-1882, 1999.
-  J. Branke, T. Kaußler, C. Schmidth, and H. Schmeck, “A multipopulation approach to dynamic optimization problems,” Proc. of the Adaptive Computing in Design and Manufacturing, pp. 299-308, 2000.
-  J. Eggermont, T. Lenaerts, S. Poyhonen, and A. Termier, “Raising the Dead; Extending Evolutionary Algorithms with a Case-based Memory,” Proc. of the Second European Conf. on Genetic Programming (EuroGP’01), Springer-Verlag, Vol.2038 of LNCS., pp. 280-290, 2001.
-  J. Eggermont and T. Lenaerts, “Non-stationary Function Optimization using Evolutionary Algorithms with a Case-based Memory,” TechnicalReport TR2001-11, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands, pp. 59-68, 2001.
-  J. Eggermont and T. Lenaerts, “Dynamic Optimization using Evolutionary Algorithms with a Case-based Memory,” Proc. of the 14th Belgium Netherlands Artificial Intelligence Conf. (BNAIC’02), 2002.
-  X. Li, “Efficient Differential Evolution using Speciation for Multimodal Function Optimization,” Proc. of Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO05), pp. 873-880, 2005.
-  J. Branke, “Memory Enhanced Evolutionary Algorithms for Changing Optimization Problems,” Proc. of 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC99), Vol.3, pp.1875-1882, 1999.
-  J.-P. Li, M. E. Balazs, G. T. Parks, and P. J. Clarkson, “A species conserving genetic algorithm for multimodal function optimization,” Evolutionary Computation, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 207-234, 2002.
-  X. Li, “Adaptively choosing neighborhood bests using species in a particle swarm optimizer for multimodal function optimization,” Proc. of Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference 2004 (GECCO’04) (LNCS 3102), pp. 105-116, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.