Abductive Reasoning as an Integrating Framework in Skill Acquisition
Koichi Furukawa*, Toshiki Masuda**, and Ikuo Kobayashi***
*Graduate School of Business Innovation, Kaetsu University
***SFC Research Institute, Keio University
-  A. C. Kakas, R. A. Kowalski, and F. Toni, “The role of abduction in logic programming. Handbook of logic in Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming,” Vol.5, Oxford University Press, pp. 235-324, 1998.
-  C. S. Peirce, “Collected papers of Charles Sanders Peirce,” Hartshorn et al. (Eds.), Vol.2, Harvard University Press, pp. 1931-1958.
-  K. Furukawa (Ed.), “Introduction to Skill Science,” Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Ohm-sha, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  O. Ray and A.C. Kakas, “ProLogICA: a practical system for Abductive Logic Programming,” Proc. 11th Non Monotonic Reasoning Workshop, pp. 304-314, 2006.
-  K. Furukawa, “Skill Science,” J. Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 355-364, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Inoue, K. Furukawa, and I. Kobayashi, “Abducing Rules with Predicate Invention,” ILP 2009, Leuven, Belgium, 2009, An extended version is to appear as a selected paper in: Luc De Raedt (ed.), Post-Proc. 19th Int. Conf. Inductive Logic Programming, LNAI, Springer, 2009.
-  H. Nabeshima, K. Iwanuma, and K. Inoue, “SOLAR: A Consequence Finding System for Advanced Reasoning,” Proc. of 11th International Conference (TABLEAUX 2003), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2796, pp. 257-263, Springer, 2003.
-  K. Inoue, “Linear Resolution for Consequence Finding. Artificial Intelligence,” Vol.56, No.2-3, pp. 301-353, 1992.
-  K. Furukawa, K. Inoue, I. Kobayashi, and M. Suwa, “Discovering Knack by Abductive Reasoning,” SIG-SKL (Skill Science), 03-03, Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  N. Everaert-Desmedt, “Peirce’s Esthetics,” in Louis Hebert (dir.), Signo
-  [online], Rimouski (Quebec), 2006.
-  J. Piaget, “Six etudes de psychologie,” Folio essays, 1964.
-  I. Kobayashi,. and K. Furukawa, “Modeling physical skill discovery and diagnosis by abduction,” Tran. Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 127-140, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.