Next Generation Passive Optical Networking Technology Predictions by Using Hybrid MCDM Methods
Chi-Yo Huang*1, Shih-Yu Chang*2, Yu-Hsien Yang*2,
and Gwo-Hshiung Tzeng*3,*4
*1Department of Industrial Education, National Taiwan Normal University, No.162, Section 1, He-ping East Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
*2Dept. of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, No.101, Section 2, Kuang Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan
*3Institute of Project Management, Kainan University, No.1 Kainan Road, Luchu, Taoyuan 338, Taiwan
*4Institute of Management of Technology, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 Ta-Hsueh Road, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
-  ASTRO Systems Inc., “Telecommunications Development Fund Technical Assistance, Universal Access Program Manual of Operating Procedures,” 2008.
-  K. S. Kim, “On the evolution of PON-based FTTH solutions,” Information Sciences, Vol.149, pp. 21-30, 2003.
-  ACTU, “Shareholder risks associated with the National Broadband Network.” (Online) Available:
-  P. D. Townsend, G. Talli, C. W. Chow, E. M. MacHale, C. Antony, R. Davey, T. D. Ridder, X. Z. Qiu, P. Ossieur, H. G. Krimmel, D. W. Smith, I. Lealman, A. Poustie, S. Randel, and H. Rohde, “Long Reach Passive Optical Networks,” the IEEE LEOS Annual Meeting, 2007.
-  S. R. Sherif, A. Hadjiantonis, G. Ellinas, C. Assi, and M. A. Ali, “A novel decentralized Ethernet-based PON access architecture for provisioning differentiated QoS,” J. of Lightwave Technology, Vol.22, pp. 2483-2497, 2004.
-  B. Skubic, J. Chen, J. Ahmed, L. Wosinska, and B. Mukherjee, “A comparison of dynamic bandwidth allocation for EPON, GPON, and next-generation TDM PON,” IEEE Communication Magazine, Vol.47, pp. S40-S48, 2009.
-  L. Georghiou, “The UK technology foresight programme,” Futures, Vol.28, pp. 359-377, 1996.
-  B. R.Martin and R. Johnston, “Technology Foresight forWiring Up the National Innovation System: Experiences in Britain, Australia and New Zealand,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.60, pp. 37-54, 1999.
-  W. J. Abernathy and K. B. Clark, “Innovation: Mapping the Winds of Creative Destruction,” Research Policy, Vol.14, pp. 3-22, 1985.
-  M. E. Porter, “Competitive advantage: creating and sustaining superior performance,” New York, N.Y., Free Press, 1985.
-  A. Antunes and C. Canongia, “Technological foresight and technological scanning for identifying priorities and opportunities: the biotechnology and health sector,” Foresight, Vol. 8, pp. 31-44, 2006.
-  K. Cuhls, “From forecasting to foresight processes-New participative foresight activities in Germany,” J. of forecasting, Vol.22, pp. 93-111, 2003.
-  C.-Y. Huang and G.-H. Tzeng, “Multiple generation product life cycle predictions using a novel two-stage fuzzy piecewise regression analysis method,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.75, pp. 12-31, 2008.
-  P.-F. Pai, W.-C. Hong, and C.-S. Lin, “Forecasting Electric Load by Support Vector Machines with Genetic Algorithms,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.9, pp. 134-141, 2005.
-  F. Pasila, A. K. Palit, and G. Thiele, “Neuro-Fuzzy Approaches for Forecasting Electrical Load Using Additional Moving Average Window Data Filter on Takagi-Sugeno Type MISO Networks,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.12, pp. 361-369, 2008.
-  C.-Y. Huang, G.-H. Tzeng, C.-C. Chan, and H.-C. Wu, “Semiconductor Market Fluctuation Indicators and Rules Derivations by using the Rough Set Theory,” Int. J. of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol.5, pp. 1483-1503, 2009.
-  G. Reger, “Technology Foresight in Companies: From an Indicator to a Network and Process Perspective,” Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Vol.13, pp. 533-553, 2001.
-  C. Andriopoulos and M. Gotsi, “Probing the future: Mobilising foresight in multiple-product innovation firms,” Futures, Vol.38, pp. 50-66, 2005.
-  J. Prat, P. Chanclou, R. Davey, J. M. Finochietto, G. Franzl, A. M. J. Koonen, and S. Walker, “Long-term Evolution of Passive Optical Networks,” in the 1st Int. Conf. on Access networks, 2006.
-  D. Parsons, “GPON vs. EPON: a cost comparison (gigabit passive optical network, broadband passive optical network),” in Lightwave, PennWell Publishing, 2005.
-  C.-Y. Huang, Y.-H. Hung, and G.-H. Tzeng, “Using Hybrid MCDM Methods to Assess Fuel Cell Technology for the Next Generation of Hybrid Power Automobiles,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 406-417, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.