Unnormalized Interval Type-2 TSK Fuzzy Logic System Design Based on Convexity and Sample Data
Tiechao Wang*,** and Jianqiang Yi*
*Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 95 Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District, Beijng 100190, China
**Liaoning University of Technology, Jinzhou, Liaoning 121001, China
Prior knowledge of convexity is encoded into a Single-Input Single-Output (SISO) unnormalized interval type-2 Takagi-Sugeno-Kang (TSK) Fuzzy Logic System (FLS) such that the system converges to a given convex target function. After giving sufficient conditions to guarantee convexity with respect to inputs, we show how to combine convexity with Unnormalized Interval Type-2 TSK FLSs (UIT2FLSs) to design convex fuzzy systems enabling derived systems to approach the target function. A simulation example demonstrates the usefulness of convexity and the advantages of UIT2FLSs in the presence of noise.
-  P. Lindskog and L. Ljung, “Ensuring Monotonic Gain Characteristic in Estimated Models by Fuzzy Model Structures,” Automatica, Vol.36, pp. 311-317, Jun. 2000.
-  Q. Liang and J.M.Mendel, “Equalization of nonlinear time-varying channels using type-2 fuzzyadaptive filters,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.8, pp. 551-563, Oct. 2000.
-  C. Li, J. Yi, and D. Zhao, “Design of Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Logic System Using Sampled Data and Prior Knowledge,” ICIC Express Letters, Vol.3, pp. 695-700, Sep. 2009.
-  J. Kim and J. S. Lee, “Single-input Single-ouput Convex Fuzzy Systems as Universal Approximators for Single-input Single-output Convex Functions,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, Jeju Island, Korea, pp. 20-24, Aug. 2009.
-  T.-W. Kim, S. Y. Park, and J. S. Lee, “Parameter Conditions and Least Squares Identification of Single-input Single-output Convex Fuzzy System,” SICE Annual Conf. 2007, Kagawa University, Japan, pp. 568-573, Sep. 2007.
-  S. Y. Park, “Constrained optimization of fuzzy logic systems with its application to current prediction for automatic crane operations,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea, 1999.
-  J. M. Mendel, “Uncertain Rule-Based Fuzzy Logic Systems: Introduction and New Directions,” New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2001.
-  J. M. Mendel, “Advances in type-2 fuzzy sets and systems,” Information Sciences, Vol.177, pp. 84-110, Jan. 2007.
-  C. Li, J. Yi, and D. Zhao, “Analysis and design of monotonic type-2 fuzzy inference system,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, Jeju Island, Korea, pp. 1193-1198, Aug. 2009.
-  K. Tanaka, M. Sano, and H. Watanabe, “Modeling and control of carbon monoxide concentration using a neuro-fuzzy technique,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy System, Vol.3, pp. 271-279, Aug. 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.