Psychological Effects of Color in Overview+Detail Document Interface
Junko Ichino*, Kazuhiro Takeuchi**, and Hitoshi Isahara***
*The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**Osaka Electro-Communication University
***Toyohashi University of Technology
-  J. Ichino, K. Takeuchi, and H. Isahara, “Color-coded Document Catcher: Proposal for a support system for reading online documents using the psychological effects of color,” Human Interface Symposium 2004, pp. 139-142, 2004.
-  J. Ichino, K. Takeuchi, and H. Isahara, “Color-coded Document Catcher: Interface for Reading Online Documents Using the Psychological Effects of Color,” CDROM Proc. 11th Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII2005), ten-page paper, 2005.
-  J. Ichino, K. Takeuchi, and H. Isahara, “Effects of the Psychological Effects of Color in Overview+Detail Document Interface,” Trans. of Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.47, No.4, pp. 1303-1315, 2006.
-  I. Mani, “Automatic Summarization,” John Benjamins, 2001.
-  K. Hisahara, “Promotion of reading for knowledge acquisition,” In G. Hatano (Ed.), Training of Self-study Capability: The New Role of Schools, pp. 122-136, University of Tokyo Press, 1980.
-  F. Minami, “Structure of Present-day Japanese (11th ed.),” Daishukan, 1998.
-  J. Zhang and D. A. Norman, “Representations in distributed cognitive tasks,” Cognitive Science, Vol.18, pp. 87-122, 1994.
-  J. Pynte and G. Noizet, “Optimal segmentation for sentences displayed on a video screen,” Processing of Visible Language, Vol.2, pp. 376-385, Plenum Press, 1980.
-  D. A. Norman, “The Psychology of Everyday Things,” Basic Books, 1988.
-  T. Yamanaka, “The Foundation of Color Science,” Bunka-shobo Hakubunsha, 1997.
-  K. Hornbak and E. Frokjar, “Reading patterns and usability in visualizations of electronic documents,” ACM Trans. on Computer-Human Interaction, Vol.10, No.2, ACM Press, pp. 119-149, 2003.
-  K. O’Hara and A. Sellen, “A comparison of reading paper and online documents,” Proc. CHI’97, pp. 335-342, ACM Press, 1997.
-  A. E. Lovelace and D. S. Southall, “Memory for words in prose and their locations on the page,” Memory and Cognition, Vol.11, pp. 429-434, 1983.
-  A. Piolat, J. Roussey, and O. Thunin, “Effects of screen presentation on text reading and revising,” Int. J. of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.47, pp. 565-589, 1997.
-  K. O’Hara, A. Sellen, and R. Bentley, “Supporting memory for spatial location while reading from small displays,” Proc. CHI’99, pp. 220-221, ACM Press, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.