Implementation of Passive Telemetry RF Sensor System Using Unscented Kalman Filter Algorithm
John-Tark Lee*, Kyung-Yeop Kim**, and Su-Ho Lee*
*Department of Electrical Engineering, Dong-A University, 840, Hadan 2 dong, Shaku, Busan 604-714, Korea
**Senior Researcher, R&D Center, KJ Radio Corporation, 2F, Dukchang Bldg., 8-1, 2-Ga, DongKwang-Dong, Jung-Gu, Busan 600-022, Korea
-  http://www.microstrain.com/applications.aspx
-  American National Standards Institute, “Safety Level of Electromagnetic Radiation with respect to Personnel,” ANSI C95.1-1974, IEEE, NewYork, NY, 1974.
-  Akar, T. Akin, and K. Najafi, “A Wireless batch sealed absolute Capacitive Pressure Sensor,” Sensor and Actuators, A 95, pp. 29-38, 2001.
-  T. J. Hapster, B. Stark, and K. Najafi, “A Passive Wireless Integrated Humidity Sensor,” The 14th IEEE Int. Conf. on MEMS, pp. 553-557, 2001.
-  T. Varpula and O. Jaakkola, “Low Cost Wireless RF Sensors,” Automation Technology Review, pp. 12-17, 2001.
-  K.-Y. Kim, J. T. Lee, D.-K. Yu, and Y.-S. Park, “Parameter Estimation of Noisy Passive Telemetry Sensor System Using UKF,” Future generation communication and networking, Vol.2, pp. 433-438, 2007.
-  K. Y. Kim and J. T. Lee, “Capacitive Parameter Estimation of Passive Telemetry RF Sensor System Using RLS Algorithm,” Trans. KIEE, Vol.57, No.5, pp.858-865, 2008.
-  K. J. Cho and H. Harry Asda, “A Recursive Frequency Tracking Method for Passive Telemetry Sensors,” d’Arbeloff Laboratory for Information Systems and Technology, 2003.
-  S. B. Park, “Circuit Theory,” MoonUnDang, second edition, 2000.
-  H. Haruta, “Impedence Measurement Manual,” Agilent Techology, Vol.2, 2001.
-  http://www.rhombus-ind.com/app-note/
-  S. Julier, J. Uhlmann, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “A new Method for the Nonlinear Transformation for Means and Covariances in Filters and Estimations,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.45, pp. 477-482, March 2000.
-  S. J. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, “A new Extension of the Kalman Filter to Nonlinear System,” in Proc. of AeroSence: The 11th Int. Symposium on Aerospace/Defence Sensing, simulation and controls, 1997.
-  E. A. Wan and R. van der Merwe, “The UKF,” in Kalman filtering and Neural Networks Edited by S.Haykin, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2001.
-  E. A. Wan and R. van er Merwe, “UKF for nonlinear estimation,” in Proc. of the IEEE 2000 Adaptive Systems for signal Proc., Communications and Control Symposium (CA-SPCC), pp. 153-158, 2000.
-  J. Ma, “Predict Chaotic Time-Series using UKF,” Proc. of the Third Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 26-39, August 2004.
-  Haykin, “Kalman Filtering and Neural Networks,” John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2001.
-  http://www.humirel.com/product/Humidity_temperature_sensors.php
-  Malvino, “Electronic Principle,” McGROW-HILL, pp. 840-841, 1999.
-  S. Y. Nam, S. G. Byun, and G. I. Jung, “RFID Structure and Application using ED-310,” SangHakDang, 2006.
-  Hayt, “Engineering Electromagnetics,” McGRAW-HILL, fifth edition, 1989.
-  S. J. Julier, “The Scaled Unscented Transform,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., Anchorage, AK May, 2002.
-  B. C. Kuo, “Automatic Control,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.